Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Tool Palette Missing (C3D 2016)

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
JBR-1
4772 Views, 8 Replies

Assembly Tool Palette Missing (C3D 2016)

any help appreciated on how to get the corridor assembly tool palette install in 2016?

Thx 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
BrianHailey
in reply to: JBR-1

Do you not see any tool palettes? Or just not the subassemblies? 

If if you have the palettes, right click where you see the words, "Tool Palettes" and choose the "Civil 3D Imperial Subassemblies" (or something like that, working from memory here). You might have change the palette group. 

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 9
ngqngoc
in reply to: JBR-1

1. Go to:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2016\enu\Support\ToolPalette\Palettes

2. (Backup the Palletes folder if necessary)

Delete all the atc file with long name EG: Basic_D4E75F8E-CA47-46C2-BA8A-1D696C7708B8.atc

but keep the default atc file EG: Metric - Basic.atc, Metric - Shoulders.atc

3. Drag n drop the remaining .atc file onto Tool palletes in CV3D 2016

4. Find the .png image from another computer which also installed CV3D 2016 or download from link below

With CV3D still open,

Copy the sub assembly images to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2016\enu\Support\ToolPalette\Palettes\Images

DONE.

Hope this help.

Message 4 of 9
mattwhite6085
in reply to: BrianHailey

Brian,

as an aside/follow up on this.  have you ever had custom tool palettes disappear?  I can get them to come in and function for one session; but when I restart C3D, they're gone again.

Backstory.  we originally created these shared custom palettes in C3D2012.  if I recall right, I created them locally, exported them to a network location, removed them locally and then imported them from the network location to each system.  Worked great until around the time of the install of 2017.  then one day someone noticed they were gone (obviously we don't use them every day but they are nice when we need them. 

The only thing I haven't done is to recreate them from scratch.  The path to the network folder with the tool palettes is properly added in Options dialog; and the network folder has been added to the 'Trusted Locations' in Options. 

It was the work of several weeks to build them the first time, but maybe its time to start fresh.

Any suggestions you have would be great.

Thanks,

Matt

Message 5 of 9
BrianHailey
in reply to: mattwhite6085

Hi Matt,

I really haven't worked much with sharing tool palettes and I haven't heard of this happening before either. Typically at CAD-1, I deal more with the Civil 3D side of things and not so much the AutoCAD side.

Does your tool palette have custom assemblies on it? If so, the drawings they reference (as far as I know) need to be copied to each computer.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 9
mattwhite6085

Brian,

The palettes are referencing non-c3d objects, blocks, that are in CAD files at the same network location they have been for some time (since 2008). 

I've not tried to use them in 2019 yet, but that is our next step.

Thanks,

Matt

Message 7 of 9
jroot

I just discovered my subassemblies missing from the palette in 2019 this morning.  I tried copying the Palettes folder and pasting into 2019 but it did not work.  I could even see the "Imperial-Basic.atc" file in there but could not get the Palette to load it.  Out of frustration I just clicked and dragged the .atc file from Explorer and dropped it into the Tool Palette and it loaded!

Message 8 of 9
mattwhite6085
in reply to: jroot

Do they remain after a restart of CAD?
Message 9 of 9
jroot
in reply to: mattwhite6085

Yes, they did stay.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report