Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add plot profile scale legend

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
helloworld727
668 Views, 4 Replies

Add plot profile scale legend

Good morning,

Is there a way to add a profile view scale to the plot (ie horiz & vertical), similar to the layout scale?

Might be overkill considering the RLs / chainages on the side but a client is asking.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MMcCall402
in reply to: helloworld727

Are you looking for a graphic scale or a text component within the profile view that says what the scale is?

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 3 of 5
ChrisRS
in reply to: helloworld727

You can include scale in the Profile View Title using fields:
Profile Scales.png

The Title contents include fields for the scale notations.
In this case, they are on lines 2 and three. The 2 lines are stacked to force a smaller text height. (Highlighted in black)

The inset, highlighted in blue, shows the unstacked text so that the fields are more legible.

Titile style.png

When stacked, the Caret forces the tolerance style. The text size is set at 70%  of the Title text height.

70% of 0.25 = 0.175

Scale Properties.png

This is included in the Profile View Style, so it is automatic and dynamic.

I can not decide if this method is elegant or a Rude Goldberg type kludge.
In either case, it is kind of tricky and a bit of a puzzle to figure out.  

Christopher Stevens
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
MMcCall402
in reply to: ChrisRS

@ChrisRS - Another way to format text within one text component is to copy the contents over to a piece of MText, do the formatting there, then copy and paste it back into the style editor. 

The downside to the drawing scale field method is when someone else opens the drawing, chnages the scale in model space, saves and leaves the drawing that way.  Then all the scales are wrong.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 5 of 5
ChrisRS
in reply to: MMcCall402

Thanks Mark, (@MMcCall402)

I was aware of the Paste from Mtext method, but did not know text height was supported. Both methods are kind of hidden.

You said:

"The downside to the drawing scale field method is when someone else opens the drawing, changes the scale in model space, saves and leaves the drawing that way.  Then all the scales are wrong."

I am not sure that I understand this problem. Profile views live in model pace, and horizontally are at real world scale. The labels will stay in sync, but a regen may be required. There will be problems if the Profile View is viewed/presented through a paper space viewport that is a different scale than the parent model space of the profile view. I do not know how to overcome this.

Christopher Stevens
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report