Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Objects Not Projecting Correctly in Section View

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jamess8AAN9
167 Views, 4 Replies

3D Objects Not Projecting Correctly in Section View

I am attempting to project a Slooth Gate I designed in 3D with AutoCAD into Civil3D along a Canal, I have the Slooth Gate in the correct position, elevation, and on a control point. 

But everytime I go to project it into the Section View, it displays the 3D Object from the Top in a side view of the canal, and I cannot figure out how to turn it so it is facing the correct way and cutting a proper section of it to show it in the canal properly. 

Is there something I am not doing right?

I have turned the 3D Object into a Block, imported it into Civil3D, I then made sure that the location and position data is accurate. 

I create my sample line from the alignment, and set it within the range of the Slooth Gate, I go to Section Views and Project Object to Section View, and then it pops into the Section View showing the side profile of the Canal, however the Slooth gate is displayed as Top View. 

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SoaresASBCAD
in reply to: jamess8AAN9

hi @jamess8AAN9 

Transforms into a surface that works

ASoares
Message 3 of 5
jamess8AAN9
in reply to: SoaresASBCAD

The surfaces are working fine, and I can't convert the 3D Object into a Surface without losing a lot of the details that are needed with it. I am half tempted just to angle it in there, but I need multiple section cuts showing this thing in there. 

Message 4 of 5
SoaresASBCAD
in reply to: jamess8AAN9

Message 5 of 5
jamess8AAN9
in reply to: SoaresASBCAD

Once again, this isn't about making a sliced object in AutoCAD, this is about once I have a 3D Object in place on a surface, scaled, positioned, and inserted into the 3D Section, how do I get the 3D Object to be projected and sliced accurately in Civil3D so I can make multiple Section Views with Sample Lines to see where the object rests on the EG and FG? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report