Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Segment/Offset in label style

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
392 Views, 3 Replies

Display Segment/Offset in label style

I work in Transportation Engineering and most of our labels we use frequently involve calling out an alignment's road segment and corresponding offset (if you don’t' know, we get this information from PennDOT's straight line diagrams which detail where intersections and bridges are located for all state routes). Anyways, I've made a label that will display the road's station (i.e. 10+00.00) but i can't figure out a way to assign a segment/offset value to the alignment. The ultimate goal is to tell AutoCAD that from station 10+00.00 to 20+00.00 is Segment 0500, offsets 2300 thru 3300 and station 20+00.00 to 30+00.00 is Segment 0600, offsets 0000 thru 1000. I have a feeling that this is a very specific request but I think that it will benefit many engineers down the road.

Thanks in advance for any help
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Could you post a png file that illustrates this or
point to the PennDOT standards where we can take a look at this
requirement?

Thanks,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Here is an image of what I'm trying to accomplish. The requirement is from PennDOT Publication 14M (Design Manual Part 3) Chapter 2 Section 2.2

Thanks

Justin
Message 4 of 4
Civil3DReminders_com

I'd use expressions for both, it get kind of long and would take some time to set up. The segment would look something like this:

IF({Station Value}>20000,IF({Station Value}<30000,500, .... continuing on for all of the station ranges.

For the offset the 500 would be the actual station for the minus the starting station for the range. You may need to use 0.5 for the station value and show left of the decimal and then right of the decimal to 3 places. That way you can get the leading zero. So Segment 1500 would be 1.5.

Peter's pretty smart at the work arounds so he'll probably come back with an awesome idea that beats this one.

Christopher

blog.civil3DReminders.com
Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report