Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil3D surface data to GIS in batchmode /LSP vs ScriptPro or different solution

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
alexander.winz
369 Views, 0 Replies

Civil3D surface data to GIS in batchmode /LSP vs ScriptPro or different solution

Dear Folks,

I have a small question. I have arround 500 points clouds with about 1 mio points each. I already converted them with FME to GIS-data to make it easier for importing to Civil 3D. I am actually more from the GIS world, so i am not so confirm with autodesk producst, but programming is not an issue.

To my problem. I want to generate for each point cloud a *.dwg -File with the surface information. This has to be done once. Perhaps I have to use the workflow again next year with different data.

1. What should I use? I actually want to process it in background, so over the weekend. What option can you suggest?

2. By using the command "createsurfacefromgisdata" I have to enter some parameter and also connect to the shapefile. It that even possible with some parameter? Or should I use the *.xyz File --> Import and than use polygons with the border?

I Already found this solution, but i dont think this works for me.

So it would be awesome, if somebody can help....

Alex

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report