Character Generator Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Character Generator Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Character Generator topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which version of sketchbook should I buy for my 2 in 1 convertible windows 10

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
src102970
3402 Views, 2 Replies

which version of sketchbook should I buy for my 2 in 1 convertible windows 10

I have a windows 10 2 in 1 convertible laptop.  Should I buy the sketchbook mobile version (i will be using the program in tablet mode) or should i buy the pc version? I have looked everywhere to try and figure this out, but I cant seem to locate the specific information I need.

can anyone help me with this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
aq
Contributor
in reply to: src102970

I don't think you can buy sketchbook any more, it's only available as rental software, so you might want to look for an alternative, such as Corel Painter Pro, or MIschief or something....

Message 3 of 3
josefhiggins
in reply to: src102970

Sketchbook is subscription ONLY.

I have a yearly subscription to Sketchbook. The Sketchbook Pro PC version is what you want if you want all the brushes, unlimited layers, and all the tools and features it has to offer. 

The mobile version of Sketchbook is extremely limited. Limited number of brushes, only 5 layers are available, you can't import/export brushes, lacking in just about every other feature.

The mobile version is purely for "doodles" and "sketching out extremely basic ideas". If you're serious about your work, Sketchbook Desktop is the way to go. Once you have a subscription, you'll be able to download and use both Desktop and Mobile versions. A cool thing about the Desktop version is, every Monday, Autodesk features free downloadable brush sets. You can also, download all the past brush set too!

The subscription is super cheap. Usually only $30 a year. Though, if you don't mind waiting it out, you can get a yearly subscription for 50% ($15) off. I picked up my subscription during a 50% sale, after I missed the first sale. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report