Character Generator Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Character Generator Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Character Generator topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited credits not work for student account

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
andy.hawkinsDTA6H
498 Views, 3 Replies

Unlimited credits not work for student account

Hi,

I've registered using my student email (actually I'm a lecturer) but as I'm trying to troubleshoot why some of my latest students can't get free unlimited credits to download models, I've created a brand new account and I'm experiencing the same problem.

Once I registered my institution (which I had to add - for some reason it's not listed any more), when I start a new model, the premium content has exclamation points next to them and when I click on that it tells me to upgrade the account.

See attached below.  My older lecturer email doesn't have this restriction and neither do a good majority of students who are continuing from last year and have downloaded Maya and Max.  It just seems that new accounts have this issue, and I was wondering what I need to do to fix it?

I've already contacted Educational Support and they have sent me here.

Andy H.

North Metropolitan TAFE, Perth, Western Australia

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 12.13.50 AM.png  Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 12.13.43 AM.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hopefully someone will come along with more info on this (the forums have actually been rather quiet lately), however if I had to make a guess here, my first thought is that it may have something to do with having to "register your institution".  I honestly have NO CLUE what credentials they require to recognize any particular "school" as an accredited institution, however using my own account, thru a local community college, I've never had any problems with the download of premium characters.

Again, hopefully someone else will come alone with more info, but that's where I"d start...I hope it helps!

Message 3 of 4
lynn_zhang
in reply to: j.walczak1

Hi @andy.hawkinsDTA6H & @j.walczak1

Have you contacted Education Support via this form? I can't see any cases submitted under your accounts. If you have contacted Education Support, do you have the case numbers so that we can check and follow up?

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 4 of 4

Yes I have been dealing with Varada at Autodesk.  I think I've gotten to the bottom of it.  As part of the EULA, you are only allowed one email as part of the Autodesk Educational license and so my subsequent test on another email has been blocked by the system automatically.  I will work with a student who is not part of the community as yet that is having the problem and let you know (others as well) about the resolution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report