Character Generator Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Character Generator Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Character Generator topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get cloud credits as a student for Character generator?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
947 Views, 4 Replies

How can I get cloud credits as a student for Character generator?

I am trying to figure out how to upgrade the character generator to the subscription version, but it's not letting me, and gives me the error message "This account is currently not enabled with Subscription capabilities and benefits."

Other options are
"We can help you link your sign-in account to an active Subscription contract. Click Continue to proceed."
"Or you can sign in using a different User ID to access Subscription resources."

I have a student version of Maya right now, so do I need to buy the normal Maya first/make a new account before it will let me get the subscriptions so I can get the cloud credits for the generator so I can upgrade?

I don't know what's going on with any of this and it's obnoxiously hard to try to figure out how to navigate this site and find solutions

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
luc.vovan
in reply to: Anonymous

If you want the student version of Character Generator you can get it here:

http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/character-generator

This will give you unlimited credits to character generator, but you are bound to the Education license (same with your maya).

If you want real credits to buy and use your character in non-Education limitations, then you will have to wait until March 28th when you can buy cloud credits online!

Also to make it clearer, people that have credits right now is because yes, they bought subscription to Maya and were given 100 cloud credits for each subscription.  Right now, with Students, they are the only ones that have cloud credits.  We all wanted the system to be ready to buy cloud credits but it seems it's only going to be on March 28th 😞

Cheers,

Luc

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: luc.vovan

Hey Luc,

I followed your instructions but after i followed everything autodesk told me i then signed into the character generator and i am still restricted to the free version and i didnt get any credit points.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Same issue here, I am not able to buy credits or even see how it would be an option.  clicking "purchase & download" gets me an error message ; "an error has occurred, no credits were taken"  , I see a "cloud credit balance" with the words "awaiting" 

Message 5 of 5

I'm using character generator for my students.  A lot of them are running into the same issue of not being able to download their characters because they don't have the unlimited credits active...

I had them sign up with the correct procedure using the link you posted  and clicking the "Get access" button before going on to sign into the character generator site.  But still having the same issue.

Do they have to sign up with a school issued email?

Most of mine are using their gmail accounts to create their education autodesk accounts.

I can't find any specifics about why they would not be getting full access...

Please help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report