Character Generator Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Character Generator Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Character Generator topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eyes does not render properly using Arnold in Maya 2017

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hzhou3
2881 Views, 2 Replies

Eyes does not render properly using Arnold in Maya 2017

Hi,

I generated a character using Autodesk Character Generator but the eyes cannot be rendered correctly using Arnold in Maya 2017. However, other renderers like Maya Software works fine with the eyes, both in render view and viewport. The character model is attached in this thread. The following are screenshots of Render View, generated by two different renderers respectively. We can see one is correct but another is wrong -- all-white. So, what is the matter with the Arnold when rendering eyes generated by the Character Generator? If I want to stick to Arnold, how to modify the shaders of the eyes so that they can be correctly rendered in Maya 2017? Thanks a lot for your help.

This is correctly rendered eyes:

Untitled1.png

The eyes in the image below were wrongly rendered:

Untitled2.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
davejwx
in reply to: hzhou3

Hey - I'm having exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Message 3 of 3
davejwx
in reply to: davejwx

I discovered its because when Arnold renders, even though the cornea is 'transparent' it casts a shadow across the eyeball which causes the effect seen above. To quickly get rid of it, set the Cornea to not cast shadows in the Attribute Spreadsheet (under General Editors in 2018).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report