Character Generator Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Character Generator Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Character Generator topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Education licence not activated?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
benjamin.eckstein
1989 Views, 8 Replies

Education licence not activated?

Hi,

the mail support asked me to post my problem here:

I am an educator at a university and created an education account some days ago. When I log in to CG I don't receive the benefits of the educational license. My students tried the same - some of them receive the benefits, others don't.

I followed the instructions in the FAQs (which are outdated btw) but it didn't help. Here are some of the things I tried:

- I accessed CG via different browsers and devices, cleared cookies, and used the incognito mode on http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/character-generator

- I logged out of my account, waited for hours (or days for that matter) and tried to log in again.

- In my autodesk account I looked for the student license which seems to not be activated

- I looked for additional activation mails in my spam folders. There were none.

- I browsed this forum for similar cases.

Attached are two screenshots showing the CG access page and my account page where the license should be shown.

I would appreciate your help as we are currently using CG in our seminar. If it is an account specific problem, how should I proceed to get the accounts of my students activated as well?

Thank you,

Benjamin

autodesk_acc.jpg

cg.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi @benjamin.eckstein and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

The easiest way around this issue is to contact directly the Education Community Support. They will help you with this!

Muriel Assuncao
Message 3 of 9

Hello @muriel.a,

thank you for your reply.

That's a bit funny - they sent my here!

Spoiler
Varada, Nov 29, 03:37 CST:

Hello from Autodesk!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

This helpline is setup only to answer the questions pertaining to the download, installation and activation of the products available on Education Community website.

We request you to post the same question at our Discussion group. These discussion groups are monitored by Autodesk Experts and they would be able to respond with precise information.

Discussion Groups
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/character-generator/ct-p/charactergenerator

Hope this helps!

Thank you and have a nice day!

Should you need additional assistance, feel free to reply directly to this email.

Best Regards,

Autodesk Education Community Support
http://autodesk.com/edcommunity

So I am at a loss right now as where to ask for help. I am happy to post the mail history here, however they only told me to try the things mentioned in my first post.

Benjamin

Message 4 of 9

So, after talking to my students again, I have some additional information:

The students that have access to the educational features first created a standard Autodesk account and then changed or upgraded to an education account.

The others that don't have access to these features created their account directly via the CG page on http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/character-generator -> CREATE ACCOUNT

Can the license(s) be manually activated by a technician? Thank you!

Tags (2)
Message 5 of 9

After another email to the support, I received the following message:

Spoiler

Hello from Autodesk!

We have checked that you are successfully registered to the Education community as an Educator with this email id "[...]". But you are facing error while getting serial number for the product.

We want to inform you that your account "[...]" is corrupted beyond recovery.

Unfortunately this is a known issue that affects a limited number of users, where the only workaround is to create a new Education Community account.

So please register with a different email address (personal email id) in Autodesk education community and request a new license/Serial number.

Hope this helps!

Following this, I created a new account using my private mail address. I first created a standard Autodesk account and confirmed my email address. Afterwards I went to http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/character-generator and logged into my account. I was asked to upgrade my account to an educational account, which I did.

During the update process I was asked to enter the name of my university. The form will suggest different institutions once you begin to type. The last time I used the form, I did not get any suggestions and thus entered the name myself. I guess this killed the automatic processing of my data. Perhaps a technician should look into this or simply forbid to type in a custom institution.

After upgrading my account I was finally able to click the "GET ACCESS" button and received access to CG (after waiting for four hours).

I hope this post will help anyone running into the same problem.

Best,

Benjamin

Message 6 of 9

I got my education license from educatoroid, I need your suggestion on whether is good for me or not. 

Please drop your suggestion below.

Message 7 of 9

Can you drop a website link?
Message 8 of 9

I am an educator at a university and created an education account some days ago. When I log in to CG I don't receive the benefits of the educational license. My students tried the same - some of them receive the benefits, others don't.

Message 9 of 9

To export characters as STL or OBJ files for 3D printing, you can use software like Blender, ZBrush, or Autodesk Maya. These tools allow you to create and manipulate 3D models, and you can export them in the desired file formats. Keep in mind that while discussing software, it's important to maintain a respectful and appropriate tone, refraining from using unrelated keywords such as "**** envy mushrooms."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report