Character Generator Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Character Generator Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Character Generator topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.: Character Without Shirt? :.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
leozin13
1861 Views, 9 Replies

.: Character Without Shirt? :.

Hello, Autodesk!

How can I generate a character without shirt? (Chest nude)

With only bermudas and shoes.

Thank you,

Regards,

Leo

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
kmarkus-walczak
in reply to: leozin13

I'm not from Autodesk but I have a suggestion...

So far from what I've seen, there isn't any nude options in Character Generator...you have various shirt/clothing styles that are, essentially, painted on the body skin.  That said, these skins are a pretty straight forward single texture file, so with a bit of fishing on the internet, I suspect you can probably find a nude skin, the just copy/paste the parts you need onto your character's skin file.  In fact I just did this with a female character using a stock Poser skin (Maria in case anyone's wondering) and with a bit of Photoshop manipulation, the results were very acceptable.

With all of the suggestions I've seen about this to AD, hopefully they'll address it in the future, but as of right now since they don't seem to have cloth options that are seperate from the body skins, a bit of texture manipulation seems to be the best way to go.

Good Luck!

Message 3 of 10
gaudres
in reply to: kmarkus-walczak

Hi,

Currently you can't generate a character without shirt but thank you for your feedback.

We will be adding this as a feature request into future versions of Character Generator. 

Best regards

Sophie

Message 4 of 10
leozin13
in reply to: kmarkus-walczak

Thank you very much man!
Regards,
Leo
Message 5 of 10
leozin13
in reply to: gaudres

Thank you Gaudres!
It will be a very nice feature!
Ragards,
Leo
Message 6 of 10
Parmenides
in reply to: leozin13

Hello Autodesk, will this be addressed soon? For medical illustrations we need to be able to create models without clothing. Aging & body size is also very important. Many of the questions seem to be over 2 years old. This is surprising for a paid service. Thanks.  

Message 7 of 10
s03241
in reply to: Parmenides

Hi, you can down load your character complete nude.
The body and clothes is a single mesh and it is in the texture you have the clothes or nude body.
If you want a mix of dressed and nude you can mix, in a picture/photo editor program, the texture of two down loaded characters, one nude and one dressed.

Message 8 of 10
Parmenides
in reply to: s03241

The problem with that is that the meshes are deformed to show the the jacket sleeve endings/shirt collar/pants bump. If you just paint the skin texture over that it looks very strange. 

Message 9 of 10
j.walczak1
in reply to: Parmenides

When you go to "Generate Character", if you look under "Textures" you'll see that you can uncheck the box that says "Cloths"...this will give you a completely nude character (it took me a while to realize that).

Not sure if that's what you were looking for, but I hope it helps.

Message 10 of 10
Parmenides
in reply to: j.walczak1

Yes, that works for me. I had tried it before but since the icon showed it with clothes after generating it, I thought it wasn't working. Awesome, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report