Character Generator Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Character Generator Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Character Generator topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone explain Character Generator Phonemes?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
j.walczak1
591 Views, 0 Replies

Can anyone explain Character Generator Phonemes?

Ok ya'll...I have a rather extensive little project going here (intended to be a little portfolio piece) and among other things, I need to create a character who's going to "talk".  I'm using Maya (2015) for the bulk of the animation, I'm using the Character Generator characters and I'm trying to use Motionbuilder for the Lip Sync.  I have a moderate understanding of blend shapes (been working with that in Maya and Mudbox for a bit now) and I have downloaded the primary character with facial blend shapes for this purpose.  So far, so good.

Here's the problem...not all of the phonimes seem to translate for the CG character to MoBu (or vice-versa).  I have SOME of it working...I created a wav file with a sample spoken part, have it plugged in and I do have the character's mouth moving in MoBu, but some of those mouth shapes just aren't right.  I know I can do some good tweaking once I get the character back into the Maya scene, but the more I can refine it in MoBu, the better.

Soooooo...can someone point me in the direction of something that better explains the different facial blend shapes from Character Generator?  I understand SOME of them...and obviously there are some things there that aren't directly intended for phoneme use (like the eye controls and such), but some of the mouth shapes...L, M, N, etc., aren't there.

I have looked around online a bit, but not really seeing anything that explains this...any help would be most appreciated!

THANKS!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report