Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppressed volumes should be given a unique color or look

Suppressed volumes should be given a unique color or look

Right now there is no way to tell if a volume is suppressed by just looking at the model.  The user has to go into the browser and expand each material to see if it has suppresses volumes.  Even then, it's not obvious which ones they are in an assembly.

I suggest giving suppressed parts a special look so they can easily by identified by just looking at the model.

4 Comments
PaulNielsen
Advocate

In the mesh environment they are given a different color. I believe all suppressed parts are blue.

ryan.arnaudin
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

ryan.arnaudin
Alumni

As Paul mentioned, you can see the suppressed part as a purple-blue in the mesh task. I accepted the idea since this display difference could be extended to other tasks as well. 

mpotts527
Participant

I understand this may not be desirable for all applications, but I chose to create a custom "Suppressed" material that I assign to volumes I will want to suppress.  When complete, I go into the Materials category in the Design Study Bar browser, select the Suppressed sub-category which selects all Suppressed material objects>right-click>Suppress and suppress them all at once.

Of course you wouldnt want to do this for materials you want to resume in the future or other scenarios.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea