Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature field in Natural Ventilation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
robyrai
240 Views, 4 Replies

Temperature field in Natural Ventilation

Can anybody suggest idea or webpage so that I can make proper settings to the natural ventilation model that I am attempting to work with. If you see the attached image, there is a velocity field map on the XY plane and a temperature field on the XZ plane. I have only entered the temperature, air velocity as boundary condition (BC) in the inlet of the model. I have few electrical appliances inside the building. I applied heat flux BC to those appliances, but I am not able to see any change in the air inside the building, or is it usually negligible. And, how do we take solar radiation into account, I know we have to turn on the radiation 'on' option in solve window, but how can we be specific with a location? Thank you in advance.temperature.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: robyrai

The internal BC's, are you assigning these to a surface or a volume? 

Do you have a P=0 at the outlet?

Once you have radiation on, you can then enable Solar Loading and set up the model orientation and sun's position.

Do you have gravity on?

Thanks,

Jon

Message 3 of 5
robyrai
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Thanks Jon for such a quick response. I have the P=0 at the outlet. I can now set up the solar setting. I have the gravity on. Apart from that, can we check or show effective cooling caused by the wind flow in the model? I was unable to see any temperature gradient (in the final temperature map of results that can be seen in the first post's in text image) inside the building I am working on. I hope you understand my point. I am attaching my file, please take a look at this and help me. This study is for an educational purpose only.

Message 4 of 5
robyrai
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

I don't have internal BCs. Do I have to? I don't have idea about internal BCs.
Message 5 of 5
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: robyrai

No problem.

We would need a support file (CFZ) to view your set up.

You do have internal BC's as you said you have heat loads 🙂

Are these assigned to volumes? They do need to be, rather than surfaces.

Cheers,

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report