CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
This page has been translated for your convenience with an automatic translation service. This is not an official translation and may contain errors and inaccurate translations. Autodesk does not warrant, either expressly or implied, the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the information translated by the machine translation service and will not be liable for damages or losses caused by the trust placed in the translation service. To translate this discussion, select the language.

CFD Forum

Post 1 of 3

Solver has exited unexpectedly in rotation region

86 Views, 2 Replies
10-09-2014 02:56 AM

Hi everyone

I have a problem with my simulation, and i dont know where is the mistake. When i run the simulation, in the "Rotation interpolation data complete" step the solver exited.

Could someone help me?? i attached support file.

And, one more question, i have run some 2D simulations, and i want to know if in a 2D simulation cavitation could be simulated, because the result is % of vapour volume, and, in a 2D simulation, there is not a volume.

Lot of thanks to everyone!!

Post 2 of 3

Re: Solver has exited unexpectedly in rotation region

10-09-2014 06:24 AM in reply to: javier101191

javier,

I replicated the solver failure as you have mentioned.  I got some diagonstic information from the status file and it appears that there were some duplication in element face data that should have not been there.  I forwarded your share file to a partner in development so that he can review this and determine what the problem is ( bad CAD, etc. ).

I did notice that if you suppress the solid nylon part, the analysis ran fine ( after I used a slightly finer mesh ).

Regarding cavitation, for 2D model, the volume is computed assuming a unit lenght in the 3rd direction.  For example, with planar 2D geometry and using mm for units, we are assuming that the volume is the element area times 1 mm depth.  For the axisymmetric models, the volume is per radian.  Most of the cavitation data is written as % volume ( 100 % * cavitation volume / total fluid volume ).

Dave

Post 3 of 3

Re: Solver has exited unexpectedly in rotation region

10-09-2014 11:04 AM in reply to: waited
Lot of thanks, i am gonna check that!

But, coming back to the cavitation problem, i have a 2D geometry, where i
have really low pressures (-93000 Pa for example) and i dont get cavitation
although i have enabled cavitation. I triedto change fluid settings and
changed the phase to vapor pressure, and i wrote the vapor pressure to
90000 Pa (to make sure if cavitation module was working) and i didnt have
any result of cavitation.
I attached the support file.

Thanks!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post