Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solver has exited unexpectedly in rotation region

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
javier101191
240 Views, 2 Replies

Solver has exited unexpectedly in rotation region

Hi everyone

I have a problem with my simulation, and i dont know where is the mistake. When i run the simulation, in the "Rotation interpolation data complete" step the solver exited.

Could someone help me?? i attached support file.

And, one more question, i have run some 2D simulations, and i want to know if in a 2D simulation cavitation could be simulated, because the result is % of vapour volume, and, in a 2D simulation, there is not a volume.

Lot of thanks to everyone!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
waited
in reply to: javier101191

javier,

I replicated the solver failure as you have mentioned.  I got some diagonstic information from the status file and it appears that there were some duplication in element face data that should have not been there.  I forwarded your share file to a partner in development so that he can review this and determine what the problem is ( bad CAD, etc. ).

I did notice that if you suppress the solid nylon part, the analysis ran fine ( after I used a slightly finer mesh ).

Regarding cavitation, for 2D model, the volume is computed assuming a unit lenght in the 3rd direction.  For example, with planar 2D geometry and using mm for units, we are assuming that the volume is the element area times 1 mm depth.  For the axisymmetric models, the volume is per radian.  Most of the cavitation data is written as % volume ( 100 % * cavitation volume / total fluid volume ).

Dave

Message 3 of 3
javier101191
in reply to: waited

Lot of thanks, i am gonna check that!

But, coming back to the cavitation problem, i have a 2D geometry, where i
have really low pressures (-93000 Pa for example) and i dont get cavitation
although i have enabled cavitation. I triedto change fluid settings and
changed the phase to vapor pressure, and i wrote the vapor pressure to
90000 Pa (to make sure if cavitation module was working) and i didnt have
any result of cavitation.
I attached the support file.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report