Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Know Pressure in Outlet

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dwi.tangerang80
242 Views, 3 Replies

How to Know Pressure in Outlet

Hi

How I define boundary coundition to know pressure in outlet, I attach a picture to make the question more clear....

Commonly I just input boundary condition in inlet volume flow rate and pressure, and in outlet I also define pressure 0 ( as I read in help it means that area is outlet), then in result of course we get pressure inlet and outlet same like boundary condition

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: dwi.tangerang80

Is it incompressible? Need to know this before I can answer.

You need far longer inlet and outlet lengths also, something like 5-10x longer 😉

Message 3 of 4
dwi.tangerang80
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Thank you for answer Jon,

The fluid is gas, it should be compressible, but what's the different?

is it possible to know the pressure in outlet even the fluid compressible or incompressible?

yes, I can make pipe longer

Message 4 of 4
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: dwi.tangerang80

Sorry, I mean do you need to see the density of the gas changing in this analysis? If not, you can run as incompressible and you would need flow one and end and pressure the other. You can't have two on one end.

What is the Mach number if you run it with a flow rate at inlet and P=0 at outlet? If its above about 0.7, you need to run as compressible, which needs a different setup. Here you could have everything set at the inlet, let's see what the Mach No is first.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report