Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i auto simulate different boundary?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
232 Views, 3 Replies

How do i auto simulate different boundary?

Hello.

I have a heat exchanger i my CFD. I want o simulate and estimate a flow - temperature function plot.

Inlet temperature is allwas 98 °C but there are different inflow. From 0 to 1 liter per second.

I want to plot that and create a function of it by interpolation. But to do this, i need to auto simulate different boundary.

This will take a long time. Can i auto simulate different boundaries?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: Anonymous

Best bet is to clone the study a few times (maybe 10?), then run each with a different inlet temperature. Then you can use things like the bulk calculator to make comparison between them all 🙂

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi.

I found something intresting. How about i set a transient boundary(velocity) with the time curve(polynomial):
Step:Value:Time (sec)
1:0.01:0
2:0.02:300
3:0.03:600
4:0.04:900
5:0.05:1200
6:0.06:1500
Etc

Then i set the solve to transiet with the time step size 5, inner iterations 10, Time step size to run 50, Continue from 0.

???

I don't know how i should setup this. I just want to run this list.

Step:Value:Time (sec)
1:0.01:0
2:0.02:300
3:0.03:600
4:0.04:900
5:0.05:1200
6:0.06:1500
Message 4 of 4
Jon.Wilde

But then you are running a transient analysis, which you need to be sure is converged every time (hard to predict). 

Personally, I would clone the scenario and run a selection of steady state solutions 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report