Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heat transfer analysis of R134a

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
foxtrot_hotel
270 Views, 1 Reply

Heat transfer analysis of R134a

Hello,

I would like to ask if I want to model the R134a material at a specific pressure say 1000 kPa, I would need to edit the default pressure of the scenario environment. But what about the temperature? As my calculation shows that my R134a will reach 65 degree Celsius (Which is my model inlet BC) as vapour and it phase change temperature is approx. at 40 degree Celsius. May I know how to set the correct environment temperature?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Thisani
in reply to: foxtrot_hotel

Hi,

Have you had any luck solving your issue? I have a slight similar issue but I think I can assist you a bit with yours if you have not had any luck yet. I do not think you would change your fluid properties on the environment, these should be your atmospheric conditions just to get the right tables for enthaply, pressure and temperature. You would have to ensure that you make your refrigerant variable after selecting it then the next tab - Boundary conditions - is where you would specify your fluid properties.

With regards to how you specify pressure, I think it is more important for you to specify the temperature and the quality as you are trying to see whether your working fluid will superheat to 65*C if I understand correctly. I am not sure with regards to pressure whether it should or should not be specified. This is my problem, however when I have ran a similar simulation my results are more inline with expectations when pressure is not specified as a boundary condition which most likely means the pressure is being obtained form the Pressure vs enthaply chart by the software. 

Let me know if you have had any luck since this post and how you incorporated pressure 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report