Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cavitation 2D geometry

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
javier101191
662 Views, 24 Replies

Cavitation 2D geometry

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with a 2D geometry where get static pressures of -95000 [Pa], and with the cavitation module enabled, when i look at cavitation there is 0%, although i have changed in phase options of the water the vapor pressure to 50000 [Pa] (i know thats not real, but it was to check if cavitation module was working).

Could anyone help me?

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
srhusain
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

You might also suppress the outer-most solid and select the smallest edge of the fluid boundary to apply the pressure BC. Note that the outer solid is not essential to the fluid flow problem.

Message 22 of 25
javier101191
in reply to: srhusain

thanks for all, i am going to try to do that thing, and i will say you if the problem disappears
Message 23 of 25
srhusain
in reply to: javier101191

Attached is a modified support file that you can try. The attached picture shows some cavitation near the bottom of the model.

Message 24 of 25
javier101191
in reply to: srhusain

magic???really thank you!!! but i dont understand why does it run... :S
Message 25 of 25
srhusain
in reply to: javier101191

I think the key is to use small time steps and 3 nner iterations per time step to get accurate transient simulation. Of course, the pressure boundary condition is essential for stability. Here, I am using 0.5 degrees per time step in order to ensure that the rotor mesh faces (edges) do not skip its counterparts on the stator side as skipping would cause a loss of information transfer between rotot and stator.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report