Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air renewal

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
449 Views, 4 Replies

Air renewal

Hello, I am some problems in solve the air renewal inside the model with natural ventilation. Somebody can help me? I used BC (boundary conditions) with 3m/s of velocity of the air and after some iterations, the velocity of the air increase a lot. That's why my solve is wrong. I will send the file e some pictures. What the process for the validation of this kind of model? Thank you a lot. The link of the model: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wgll67b57zmrz0x/AACCRkz04VM-6_FM0ZJxIH4Wa?dl=0
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: Anonymous

I can make a few points that should help 🙂

1. You have an air gap under your building (it's flying!). I suggest you draw the air box in CAD to avoid this
  2. Remove the temperature from the outlet, it is likely that this will not be the temperature of the air by this point and the model is overconstrained
  3. Remove all internal surface boundary conditions, they can only be applied to internal volumes (heat loads). There is no reason to apply internal pressures or film coefficients

That ought to do it!

Thanks,

Jon

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Man, you are the best!!! The solve now really worked perfectly!!! Thanks a lot!
Message 4 of 5
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: Anonymous

I am thinking of making it my middle name, Jon 'The Best' Wilde 🙂

Thanks for the feedback, glad I could help!

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

One question more, If I would like to have the results about temperature, PMV and things about internal confort, I need only to insert this things in solve settings or I would have to insert the Boundary conditions (such as temperature in control volume) in the control volume and the wall external of the block. If yes, what BC I would have to insert for to see this results. The same thought could be used for the artifical equipaments? ( exhaust fans and blowers) Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report