Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RightClick Context Menu verb for .dwg in Windows 8 Registry issues

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
charleycook
298 Views, 0 Replies

RightClick Context Menu verb for .dwg in Windows 8 Registry issues

I am currently having a problem when it comes to adding a right click context menu verb whenever the user right clicks on a ".dwg" file in Windows 8. I do not spend a lot of time in the registry and I am sure there is something small I could possibly be overlooking. I have been able to add this action to the AutoCAD drawing file in previous Windows OS and versions of AutoCAD until Windows 8-8.1. I have installed multiple versions of AutoCAD on Windows 8 and have not been able to create the action for ".dwg". However, I am able to add this verb to Excel files and CSVs in Windows 8.

Our standard approach was to use shellex/ContextMenuHandlers/GUID of the program I am trying to launch on right click.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AutoCAD.Drawing.20\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{1e25bcd5-f299-496a-911d-51fb901f7f40}

I have tried manually editing the registry key for the ".dwg" files using shell/verb/command structure and have had no success in Windows 8. I am able to use the shell/verb/command entry for ".xls" and ".csv" files in Windows 8 and it works.

I am looking for a push in the right direction as to what might have changed for this not to work. I have read as much as I could find on Registry changes for Windows 8. I am also posting this on the AutoCAD forums for help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report