Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Setvar to obtain a list of system variables

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sovby
1013 Views, 4 Replies

Using Setvar to obtain a list of system variables

I know that you can use setvar to get a list of system variables but when i do it the list does not go by alphabetical order so my list goes all over the place. Basically what i do is type in setvar, hit the "?" symbol, then hit the "*" symbol. Then i copy everything into notepad after hitting enter about twenty times. Is there a better way to go about this? I would like an ordered list of all of the system variables hopefully going in alphabetical order

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jggerth1
in reply to: sovby

Expresstools menu, system Variable Editor.  Pick the Saveall button on the dialog, and save the resulting file where you can find it.  The extension will be .SVF, but it's nothing more than a plain text file you can open with any ascii editor.

Message 3 of 5
sovby
in reply to: jggerth1

Yes thanks alot. That is so much better. You can also click on the variable & it tells you what it is

Message 4 of 5
rculp
in reply to: sovby

Tip:

Set QAFLAGS to 2 prior to listing the setvars and it will not create a pause requiring an enter, the list will scroll to the bottom without stopping.

But hey, that's just me.

Randall Culp
Civil-Structural Design Technician
(aka CADaver)
Message 5 of 5
sovby
in reply to: rculp

Thanks for the info. I do like the express tools cause it tells you what the different variables are for without having to look it up but i do appreciate the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report