Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Inventor customer input regarding access to Custom Help Content

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jeanie.wayker
852 Views, 3 Replies

Seeking Inventor customer input regarding access to Custom Help Content

The Learning Experience Team (LX) is trying to determine whether customers (particularly CAD and IT Managers) need to provide access to an intranet site where your company’s custom help’ is posted from within Inventor.

Is this a workflow that would benefit you?

• During deployment, you could specify an Intranet location that users could access via the Help menu (we would give you option to specify name of a new help menu option during deployment).
• If you specify an Intranet location, a new help menu option would be created on the Help menu with the name you specified (for example –My Custom Help) – when a user clicks this, the Intranet site would launch.
Custom Help access Example
Would your user base benefit from having access directly to your custom help content on your intranet site from within Inventor?

We look forward to your feedback on this!!!!

Thank you,
Jeanie Wayker, Autodesk
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I think this would be a great help here at my client's site.

If I'm thinking of a way we could utilize this. We could post all our internal training guides/help write-ups and such here as opposed to how we currently have it where the user needs to access a pdf file I've stored in a specific "Training Guides" folder in Vault.

Now if we could only get the users to look and read these files first as opposed to pulling me off what I'm currently doing to answer the question of "How do I print in Inventor?" (yes, I've had a user ask that very question).

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
Message 3 of 4
jeff.noel
in reply to: jeanie.wayker

I would like a way for Inventor to manage my how-to's and other various documents I create to support Inventor/Vault.

Alot of the questions I am asked though could be answered if they go to that help menu anyways, even with the information that is already contained in there.  So it is obvious they aren't using the help content provided already, so having a custom help menu wouldn't do a whole lot.

Vault and Inventor both have startup screens that default to Autodesk provided information, usually relating to whats new in this release and things along that line.  If I could force each user to not be able to bypass that screen that pops up, and then add my own content to it, it may force them to look at the information I am providing them. 

Spoon feeding? Yes.

But sometimes its necessary.

Most of my supporting documentation is either in Word documents, or Video's.  I store them on a network drive that everyone can access.  All I would need is it to show a list of what is available to them, and possibly highlight when there is new content added.

Dunno if this helps, or if it would even work in my situation, but it would be better than now I think.

Message 4 of 4

Thank you for this feedback! I heard something similar from another CAD Manager. Let me do some investigating.

Thank you,

Jeanie Wayker, Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report