Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
jszaboUFKP9
545 Views, 6 Replies

Looking at .CTB Files

Is there a simple way of looking and printing the .ctb files or even a cad drawing already made to print out what the line types/colors would look like.  So i can show what they look like on a certain printer or plotter.  I have many CTB files made from previous employees and I would like to check them to make sure of the ones to keep and ones to archive. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jggerth1
in reply to: jszaboUFKP9

Here's one I use to keep track of how different client or partners CTB files plot out on various devices.  Typically, I'll update the text associated with the lines for organizations or clients that I deal with repeatedly and keep a hard-copy handy  but for a one-off it could just be printed.

Message 3 of 7
dgorsman

I've found that if you have many legacy plot styles without any general standard, it's easier to ask forgiveness than get permission.  Establish a standard and pull everything else; as users complain get them to convert the drawing to the established standard if at all possible.  If not, then add in the specific plot style they're looking for - and pull it out again later.  The ones which are no longer used will not be requested, and with some modest patience use of the older styles will eventually phase out.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 7
rculp

PLOTSTYLEVIEWER

But hey, that's just me.

Randall Culp
Civil-Structural Design Technician
(aka CADaver)
Message 5 of 7
jszaboUFKP9
in reply to: rculp

Thanks everyone for Ideas.  I've been in a 3 day Revit Training this week.  I'm going to look in to your ideas you have given me. Thank you.

Message 6 of 7
mbails

http://www.xcad.ch/tests/ctbviewer.php?

Select your file, hit display

Message 7 of 7
owen66

I've made the attached file. It follows the layout of the Index Colors grid in the color selection dialog. Each square is shaded with the RGB equivalent of the Index color and the curved upper right quadrant of each square is filled with the Index Color itself. I've also got a line squiggle so you can see the thickness of the plotted line as well as what kind of end and join styles the color is using.

"Aah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention...science has it all."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report