Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to Hyperlink PDF document to the Revision Cloud?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Radish_G
617 Views, 11 Replies

Is it possible to Hyperlink PDF document to the Revision Cloud?

Hi Guys,

In my current project, I have lot of design changes. And I am wondering is it possible to hyperlink the PDF document to the revision cloud. So that, it's very easy for me to get the commented drawing.

Please advise.

Advance Thanks.

Regards
Radish G
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: Radish_G

You can hyperlink any object type in AutoCAD.
Message 3 of 12
KellyASmith

When I need to hyperlink a document in Revit I use a URL detail component. You could place this near or within your revision cloud on the sheet

Once it's loaded and placed you just click on it, type in the file location and that's it. 

To automatically bring up the file you click on the URL family and them click inside the File Location field in the instance properties. 

Hope this helps! 

Message 4 of 12
KellyASmith
in reply to: KellyASmith

Whops! thought I was in a Revit forum 

Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 12
BeKirra

FYI

You may specify the name of software you use.

And I noticed "CAD Managers Forum" is linked to several forums i.e. AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit...

Members may confuse when posting/reading threads.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 6 of 12
Radish_G
in reply to: BeKirra

Hi @BeKirra,

Yes, you are correct, I just noticed this form was linked to few applications.

Actually my question is on Revit 2017.

So sorry the lack of information.

Regards
Radish G
Message 7 of 12
Radish_G
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean Saadallah,

Thanks for your reply.

My question is related to Revit 2017.

Regards
Radish G
Message 8 of 12
Radish_G

Hi KellyASmith,

Thanks for your effort.

I tried to load the family and key in a sample location. But it not working. Attached screenshot for your reference. Please advise.

It's like a simple text note. If I click on it, it's not redirected to the link location or it's not opening the particular file.

Regards
Radish G
Message 9 of 12
KellyASmith

So once the family is loaded into your project and placed, you select the family and under instance properties you type in the file path (it has to be exact), Once the file path is typed in, the path on the actual detail component will change. 

After you have typed in the file path select the detail component family again and a small gray square box will appear next to the gray rectangular box. Click on the square gray box and your document should automatically open. 

Just clicking on the detail component won't open the family, you have to click the square gray box

If it is not working it is likely an issue with the file path. In the example that you sent I couldn't see the instance properties of the family, however I did notice quotation marks which may need to be removed. 

I have attached a screenshot for reference I hope this helps!

Message 10 of 12
Radish_G

Hi KellyASmith,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any way to make this work same like MS office hyperlink.

I mean once we click the URL Component, it should directly open the URL location.

Once again thanks for your time and kind support.

Regards
Radish G
Message 11 of 12
KellyASmith

I haven't found a way to make it work like that. It may be possible, but I haven't devoted much time to it. It may actually make things a little more difficult if it worked that way because you wouldn't be able to select the component to move it if it just opened the links automatically. Those are just my thoughts. 

Message 12 of 12
Radish_G

Hi KellyASmith,

Thanks for your reply, in future if you found a solution, please let me know.

But, I believe it's possible to select a hyperlinked elements. Because we are able to select the hyperlinked objects in MSO.

Once again thanks for your time and kind support.

Regards
Radish G

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report