Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26
Anonymous
2200 Views, 25 Replies

Ajera anyone?

I light of the recent Deltek post, I am curious to know if anyone is
familiar with the FMS program Ajera (http://www.axiumae.com/products/ajera/)
and their new PM product Ajera Portfolio. We are currently using Wind2 FMS
(now Deltek FMS) SQL version and are being strongly encouraged to move to
Deltek Vision. Before we drop that wad of cash, I'm looking for
alternatives. Ajera is as close as I've found.

As far as I can see, the primary differences between Ajera and Deltek Vision
are:
- Ajera is client based, Deltek is browser based
- Ajera built their product from the ground up, Deltek bought other
"best-of-breed" products and incorporated their features into Vision (to me
says "lack of vision")
- When you call Ajera you get to talk to a human right away, Deltek
usually requires a call back
- When you go Ajera's website you get real info about what the product
is and what it does, Deltek is somewhat vague IMHO.
- There is no CRM option with Ajera
- Ajera is 25-50% less expensive than Vision...

These are neither pro nor con either direction, just differences. So anyone
using (or used) Ajera?
25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

hcannon,
We are making the move from Deltek FMS and are looking at both Vision and Ajera/Portfolio.
We have over 200 employees with 10 offices in 6 states. We offer all types of engineering from civil to geotechnical and structural. We also have some specialty services we offer. I would like your input as to which software would be best for our company.

Regards, Message was edited by: TTREB4
Message 22 of 26
Anonymous

Enlightenment enhanced. That would be the best possible way to describe Ajera. Remember Deltek has pulled the plug before, what happens the 2nd time around. Considering alternatives and cash wise, it is a very sound investment. The upgrades, the technology and the support is above average. You would be wise to go with Axium's program. It is fast, simple and easy to use.
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous

Herb, I know this discussion is a couple of years old but thought I would give it a try. Our firm, a 60 person, 4 office, AE firm is currently looking for some CRM software. We are currently using Axium Protrax for Accounting. Project Management Software is something else. So we hated to add a third software, probably another spreadsheet, etc. already to our mix and have decided to purchase something that would integrate all of the above. I like the fact that we can upgrade to Axium Ajera Portfolio but am concerned about their Business Development Portion of the program. It seems pretty weak compared to Deltek Vision. What we want is for our Principals to be able to track the marketing efforts of our engineers and architects, i.e., contacts, meetings, emails, etc., and I was not sure if they would be able to do that readily. Also - all individuals on one screen etc. with ease.

We really wanted a web-based program but Axium said that an Ajera Web-based program would be coming out at the end of this first quarter. I really did like the way Deltek consolidated all of the proposal data (since I do proposals). I haven't seen that with any other program. Anyhoo, if you can shed any light on this it would be much appreciated. Thanks, Carolyn
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous

Hi Herb,

I hope that you're still around and can provide me with some information. We are a 12 person architectural firm, moving from Sema4 and no project management software. We desperately need something to get us organized that will also handle billing/invoicing/timesheets/payroll. It also HAS to be easy to use and intuitive, otherwise our people won't use it. What do you think would be our best option? Ajera, Vision, Clearview/InFocus, BillQuick...?

Thanks!

megan
Message 25 of 26
Anonymous

If you are looking to convert your historical data to a new project management software try BillQuick Enterprise www.BillQuick.com, they provide conversion services and will transfer all your data from Deltek to BillQuick. Also they have a Web version that hooks with the desktop client. This allows your employees remote access to their time and expense while your Billing Managers can have access to that time in real time for invoicing/analysis/. You can get all these features for half the price that Deltek is trying to get out of you.
Message 26 of 26
Anonymous

Megan check out BillQuick at billquick.com. They offer dataconversion from Sema 4, will transfer all your data from Sema 4 to BillQuick. BillQuick is excellent when it comes to time and expense tracking. Has strong Project management features with over 300 reports. They also have seamless integration with QuickBooks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report