Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple DWG Upload

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jimk
244 Views, 5 Replies

Multiple DWG Upload

Using Buzzsaw version 7 I have one machine that will not upload multiple DWG files in the client version of Buzzsaw. I can upload multiple anything else but not dwgs. Even copied over to the local drive and tried, and also tried autodesk's sample files on c drive.

I don't have anyone else experiencing this issue. Is there a variable in Buzzsaw that I am missing?

thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jimk

The XREF upload feature will try to locate XREF'd DWG files on the system.
Perhaps something is up with the AutoCAD project settings on that machine?
The Buzzsaw client tries to look in places that AutoCAD looks when resolving
XREFs.

wrote in message news:5415932@discussion.autodesk.com...
Using Buzzsaw version 7 I have one machine that will not upload multiple DWG
files in the client version of Buzzsaw. I can upload multiple anything else
but not dwgs. Even copied over to the local drive and tried, and also tried
autodesk's sample files on c drive.

I don't have anyone else experiencing this issue. Is there a variable in
Buzzsaw that I am missing?

thanks
Message 3 of 6
jimk

I have looked into that. We aren't loading xrefs with these files. Include xrefs is not checked.

Definitely machine specific. I thought it had to do with a network setting which is why I was trying from the c drive with no luck.
Message 4 of 6
Ambr

I have this exact same problem. Only one DWG file will upload (without attached x-refs).

When I try to upload DWGs with attached x-refs, I get the error "Server threw an exception." I tried contacting support, and they weren't able to provide a solution.

I am perplexed - neither of these problems occurred until I installed the latest version of Buzzsaw... I tried re-installing, and that didn't work. This is very frustrating when you need to upload 300+ drawings!

I also appreciate any help that can be provided.
Message 5 of 6
steve.williams

Just to clarify, what version are you using now and do you remember what version you were using previously? Perhaps we could get you a previous version of the Buzzsaw client software (2007.x) if that was working for you. In the meantime I'll give this feedback to the product managers.

You also said it's machine specific - so it works fine uploading mutliple DWG's from other machines on the same network, but from one machine you get a "Server threw an exception" error every time you try to upload more than one DWG at a time (and only DWG's)?

-Steve
Message 6 of 6
steve.williams

Also have you tried using WebDAV or Buzzsaw Web Access?

Go to My Network Places and add your site as a network place; use https://webdav.buzzsaw.com/sitename as the "network place" and see if you can copy into there.

-Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report