Community
BIM 360 Team Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Team Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Team topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement tools in BIM 360 Team missing

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
silvy.santosa
1324 Views, 9 Replies

Measurement tools in BIM 360 Team missing

Hello,

The measurement tool is missing. It just show up in the first 3 seconds while the file open and then it just disappear.

Do you have any explanation about this ?

thank you in advance.

Silvy Santosa

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
BrettWright
in reply to: silvy.santosa

Hi Silva,

• Currently A360 has 2D measure for sheets only, however, 3D is on the road map for A360, just not yet in production.
  • 3D measure is enabled in Fusion 360 as well the Free Viewer (a360.autodesk.com/viewer)
  • A360 Mobile also has the ability to measure (2D) distance, polygons, and angles.
Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 3 of 10
drbohlav
in reply to: BrettWright

If you click on measuring tool icon, you can use it. Why this icon for measuring is disappearing in few seconds? I need measuring on Revit and Navisworks models. Our customers are always looking for measuring tool for Revit and Navis models. What should I tell them?

Message 4 of 10
BrettWright
in reply to: drbohlav

Hi Lukas,

Measure is only available in your 2D Sheets, and not the 3D views just yet.

In case you missed the prior post, i'll post it again here that explains the details best.

• Currently A360 has 2D measure for sheets only, however, 3D is on the road map for A360, just not yet in production.
  • 3D measure is enabled in Fusion 360 as well the Free Viewer (a360.autodesk.com/viewer)
  • A360 Mobile also has the ability to measure (2D) distance, polygons, and angles.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 5 of 10
sharedU56YW

Hi Brett,

we upgraded our account from a trial version to the team version - how is it possible the team version has fewer functionalities?

Our designer we are cooperating with (not within our account) has the measure tool but we cannot check anything.

When will this be implemented?

Marcel

Message 6 of 10
BrettWright
in reply to: sharedU56YW

Hi Marcel,

Can you confirm what product your colleague is using here? If they're using BIM 360 Team, they'll have the same measurement capabilities as you do in your hub.

Regarding the ETA on what the 3D measure will be added into (for other than Fusion files), the development team doesn't have one published yet.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 7 of 10
Kelvin.Zheng

Dear BrettWright,

BIM 360 Team is amazing product compare to other collaboration software I would say. Both architect and Str. engineer appreciate the looks of the model inside BIM 360 team. Unfortunately, the measurement tools in 3D view are missing. Just 1 fact, a lot of people actually jump to other platforms like Tekla.

I would suggest that, Autodesk to quickly add in features like, measurement tools and spot elevations.

Thanks & Regards,

Kelvin

Message 8 of 10

Hi Kelvin,

I agree with you, measurement tools in 3D view are mandatory for this kind of tool.

@BrettWright  Do you know when this feature will be available ?

Thanks, best regards.

Fabian Perrée
Giùp.fr | LinkedIn

Ce post vous a été utile ? N'hésitez pas à aimer ce post.
Ce post a-t-il répondu à votre question ? Cliquez sur le bouton Accepter la solution.

EESignature

Cliquez ici pour accéder à toutes mes formations en ligne
Inventor 2022 : Modélisation et documentation de systèmes mécaniques
Message 9 of 10
BrettWright
in reply to: Fabian_perree

Hi Kelvin and Fabian,

The best way to make sure our Dev Team know your thoughts around 3D Measure would be to add your comments here on the BIM 360 Idea board so that it can be added to the others that have posted on the same topic that already exist.

Thank you and have a great day 🙂

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 10 of 10
Fabian_perree

Hi Brett,

Will do !

Thanks and best regards.

Fabian Perrée
Giùp.fr | LinkedIn

Ce post vous a été utile ? N'hésitez pas à aimer ce post.
Ce post a-t-il répondu à votre question ? Cliquez sur le bouton Accepter la solution.

EESignature

Cliquez ici pour accéder à toutes mes formations en ligne
Inventor 2022 : Modélisation et documentation de systèmes mécaniques

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report