Community
BIM 360 Team Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Team Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Team topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inviting team members vs sharing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
m.kleinmann
806 Views, 6 Replies

Inviting team members vs sharing

So we have been testing and are in the process of implementing BIM360 and I have a few questions that I hope the pros can answer. What I have figured out so far (I think) - If I share a model via email or a share link, that person can view the model but cannot markup/comment/collaborate.

If I invite a person as a project member, they get that capability. What I am unclear as to how these licenses are managed. I have already purchased licenses for our team, but if I want to get our consultants on board to work in BIM360 for reviews and markups, do they need licenses? Once I invite tem to a project, I assume a project member becomes a paid license. If this is a paid license, do I provide and pay for this license or do the consultants? Is it possible to have a project member without a paid license? Ie some of our vendors.

Thx,

Marc

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ErikFrandsen
in reply to: m.kleinmann

Im not a "pro" at BIM 360 Team, but what I did to invite consultants (outside my office) to our team is invite them as contributors and not team members.  You can change that setting under "view and manage members" and then a small flag appears next to their name saying "(name) is not apart of (team name) hub and has limited access."   Contributors can upload, move, copy items to your folders you setup in a project.  Not sure about commenting/markup on the model, but I am pretty sure that would work too.

Go here to understand roles better:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/a360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Understan...

-Erik

Message 3 of 7
m.kleinmann
in reply to: ErikFrandsen

Thx Eric;

Do you know if a contributor is a paid subscription?

Anyone from the BIM360 Team have an answer on this? 

Marc

Message 4 of 7
BrettWright

Hi Marc,

Under the current offering model, "Contributors" are NOT required to have a paid subscription.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 5 of 7
m.kleinmann
in reply to: BrettWright

Thx Brett. Can contributors see and add comments and markups?

Message 6 of 7
BrettWright

Hi Marc,

Yes, you'll see that a Project Contributor can have either Viewer or Editor rights, and with both, they're able to see and add Markups and Comments.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 7 of 7
m.kleinmann
in reply to: BrettWright

Awesome - Thx Brett. This just sealed our permanent subscription to BIM 360 Team. 🙂

Marc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report