Community
BIM 360 Team Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Team Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Team topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invite problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
John_DeLeeuw
425 Views, 6 Replies

Invite problem

I'm trying to add a user to a project but this particular user isn't added into the project while I don't have any problems adding other users?

The users email adress isn't visible as added into the project and I don't receive any error notification. This is really strange but what can I do to add this person to the project?

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Community Ambassador - Twitter - LinkedIn

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
BrettWright
in reply to: John_DeLeeuw

Hi John,

I'm wondering if any of the below issues might be causing the issue you're seeing.

Let me know,

Here are a few common issues that can restrict invites from working, please let me know if any of these are the issue you're seeing.

• Firewalls will block invites, see proxy settings recommended for A360 HERE.
  • The email address used to invite members has to be exact match to their accounts.autodesk.com Account ID.
  • The member your inviting has too much data (>256 characters) in their About Me section of their accounts.autodesk.com page. (bug we're fixing)

• The Project isn't set to allow Project Contributors, see below.

• If inviting member from Project, try to invite the user into the HUB first from your Admin Invite page first, and then into the specific Project after.

• If you Team Member Invite Mode is set to ADMIN INVITE ONLY, set to either Admin Approval or No Approval Required. (bug we're fixing)

Let me know if you still need help after you test the above scenarios.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 3 of 7
John_DeLeeuw
in reply to: BrettWright

@BrettWright, I don't have any problems inviting others, only one specific user. I guess this has to do with something on the user side so it could very well be the 256 character limit in the About Me section? This seems a very silly problem to me but I will see if this is the case with this particular user and get back to you.

Thanks for helping out!

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Message 4 of 7
BrettWright

Hi John,

The other thing to ask that member would be to see if they've updated their Account ID (accounts.autodesk.com) recently or have 2 with differing emails. That too will mess things up.

Let me know,

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 5 of 7
John_DeLeeuw
in reply to: BrettWright

@BrettWright, the problem persists. I checked the bio with the user but this was empty on his account. All other things you suggested should also prevent adding other users I presume and that isn't the case.

Still can't figure out what could be causing the problem for this particular user, very strange and most annoying.

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Message 6 of 7
BrettWright

hi John,

Would you please share the email address' with me via private message here in the forums so that i can send them on to another team to review?

They'll take a look at those address' on their end, and then get back to us with the diagnosis, which will take 24 hrs likely since they're in India.

Sorry for the trouble here, we'll figure it out though, rest assured.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 7 of 7

John,

I am sending you an email with few details. Please revert back at your convenience.

Thanks,

Swathi Vadlamani
Autodesk 360 Web

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report