Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Members of a project

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
andrewrider
2476 Views, 14 Replies

View Members of a project

Is there a way to view all members of a project if you are not an Admin? In the old Team version anyone was able to see the team members list and invite people to the project pending admin approval. Now you have no idea who is on the project unless you have admin rights. It was be nice to at least see this on the Home page. 

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Hi @andrewrider, thank you for your feedback. we have logged this as a wishlist item for Project Home. Will discuss with team and keep you posted as we have more updates.

Best Regards,

Manu Venugopal

On behalf of BIM 360 Team

Manu Venugopal

Senior Product Manager

Message 3 of 15

Hi.

Have Autodesk updated this item?

It is really necessary.

Message 4 of 15
mpetrucci
in reply to: pgutierrezm86

Paula, we may be able to help with developing a tool to provide you the info you need. If you would like to discuss, please contact me.

Message 5 of 15
Valacho_H
in reply to: andrewrider

Why isn't this a thing? The data exist, surely there can be a way to show the members of a project so non-Admin users can view and request someone be added, or at the very least be able to click on a co-member of a project to send a message or similar.  Is it not available in BIM 360 at all?  It was in BIM 360 Field, I think.

Message 6 of 15
Janne_Boman

This is actually a bit tricky topic. In our environment, some users do not want that some subcontractors know of eachother, for example if there is some bidding involved. Can be a bit marginal case, but still, sometimes in our company it is not desired that users know who else is in the project.

Message 7 of 15
nweeksSLAM

Seems at the very least there should be the ability for a member to contact a project admin (doesn't need to show names, just send an email) when they have a request or question related to membership, permissions, etc.

Message 8 of 15
crr
Observer

Still no solution? If it is a question of hiding the parties from each other, include the possibility. Idk maybe a check box for each member. At least the admins should be able to be clear on the dashbord of every project. 

Message 9 of 15
carolinekabus

Is there any update on this? It is really needed. 

I only need to see who within my own organization has been granted access.

For example, if my hypotactically email was ckabus@purple-alphebet.com. I need to be able to see a list of everyone else at name@purple-alphebet.com who has been granted permission, without being an admin on the project myself. 

Please help. 

Message 10 of 15

Is there any update on this? It is really needed. 

I only need to see who within my own organization has been granted access.

For example, if my hypotactically email was ckabus@purple-alphebet.com. I need to be able to see a list of everyone else at name@purple-alphebet.com who has been granted permission, without being an admin on the project myself. 

Please help. 

Message 11 of 15

Just wanted to throw my support behind the idea of letting all project members see who's on the team. Right now, only the admin can access that info, and it would be really helpful for collaboration if we could all have access to it.

Message 12 of 15

I'd like to add my voice for that feature. I need to see if my company employees are the project member and what modules are assigned to them (Docs, Design Collaboration, etc.).

Sometimes happened that a BIM360 Collaborate License or Field license is assigned not by our company, but the company which host the cloud project. I need to see the license info for my company's users.

Message 13 of 15

Interestingly I believe the opposite.  We use the system for tendering/bidding, and therefore absolutely do not want members to be able to see each other and consider this a serious privacy issue.

In ACC this is already a function which I've voiced privacy concerns about previously. In the Docs / Build modules there is a 'members' tab which every user can access. I'm not sure what is in BIM 360 these days if this is the system that you're using. 

Message 14 of 15

What about this method (link below)? Rather than adding bidders as members of a project they may never actually win, send them access via a public link.
Because I agree, you don't always want all people to be able to see others who have access.
https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-share-model...
Message 15 of 15
dbutts7

Are you doing permissions by role or company? It might be possible to extract a list (and have it set up as a tab on the Insights page) to show you who in the project has similar role/company settings).

thanks - David B.

David A. Butts

Virtual Design and Construction Manager - Kimley-Horn

Revit Certified Professional/Autodesk Certified Instructor

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

The MEP BIM/CAD Engineer Blog

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report