Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toggle issue pinpoints on/off not functioning since a few hours

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
wendy.busschots63HMP
602 Views, 15 Replies

Toggle issue pinpoints on/off not functioning since a few hours

Since a few hours the icon to toggle on/off issues stays grey (inactive) allthrough there are issues in the file/view.

On a mobile device the issues still display in the correct file/view.

It happens in more than one project, so I was wondering if anyone else encounters the same problem.  Or has the BIM viewer been updated and is this a kind of bug ?

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Still the same behavour.

Message 3 of 16

Problem only persist in 3D view - 2D views/sheets are not affected.

Message 4 of 16

I found a work around where if we click on create new issue and then cancel it the existing Issue push pins reappear. See video attached.

But this is a very serious issue as we have many teams using BIM 360 Issue tracking and now suddenly all of them disappear. I have provided them with this work around but it will be nice to have this restored. Seems like some sort of bug. 
Also had logged a ticket "CaseNo:17277544" but no response so far. 

Meanwhile we are using the workaround! 

Message 5 of 16

Hi @wendy.busschots63HMP @Raghavendra_Bhat I have just checked it and it works fine on my iPad:

DeepakMaini_0-1609713027500.png

Deepak Maini
ENGINEER | AUTHOR | SPEAKER | MENTOR | PODCASTER
www.deepakmaini.com
Message 6 of 16

Issue pins display ok on iPad or iPhone (I haven’t checked on android devices). The display issue is when viewing on Laptop or desktop screen (running on windows 10)
You can try using Microsoft edge as well, I noticed the same issue as while using google chrome.
Message 7 of 16

Ok so I think I can replicate the problem that @wendy.busschots63HMP is having and can shed some light on it, although it is not clear in @Raghavendra_Bhat video if that is the case. But I have had this issue in the past and it is because of what I have explained below and also in the video.

If the issue is created in the Document Management interface (on the tablet or PC) and you open a linked document, then the icon works to turn off the issues pins, as shown in the attached video. However, if the issue is created in the Model Coordination module, then the icon remains greyed out, as shown in the attached video.

Hope this helps.

Deepak Maini
www.deepakmaini.com
Message 8 of 16

@DeepakMaini, the problem persist when viewing the issues created in Document management. We have a NWD model in the Project folder (not setup for Model coordination) 
Its just the issue display turnoff/on icon goes gray. 
Still following up with Autodesk on this ticket "CaseNo:17277544" 

Message 9 of 16

@Raghavendra_Bhat your issue appears to be a bit different from that of @wendy.busschots63HMP . Yours look like a refresh issue because when you start creating an issue and then cancel it, all pins reappear. Maybe it needs to be logged with Autodesk support as those many issue pins are causing some refresh problems.

The issue that @wendy.busschots63HMP is having seems more in line with what I showed in my video as I can see via the error message she has in the image she attached when she hovers the cursor over the icon. Hopefully, it will be confirmed by her once she sees the notification. 

Deepak Maini
www.deepakmaini.com
Message 10 of 16

Actually the video i posted talks of the workaround solution to that problem.  

Message 11 of 16

I am also running into this problem

I did start a thread... DeepakMaini showed me that this discussion was there also

See my findings at

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/bim-360-support/show-all-issues-button-greyed-out-whereas-there-are-i...

Message 12 of 16

@DeepakMaini the behavour is what @Raghavendra_Bhat discribes.

It started with the last update of the BIM360 viewer (before it worked fine).

Also created a case at Autodesk Customer Support (15/12/2021) and no news since then.

We also figured out the workaround by creatiing a new issue (and cancelling) to 'activate' the button

Message 13 of 16

FYI - Got feedbeck from Autodesk on this issue

Thank you for contacting Autodesk.

As discussed, I have opened a ticket with our development team regarding your case. 
After a first evaluation the stated that a fix will probably be available end of February if everything goes well. 
We kindly ask you to be patient. 

Message 14 of 16

@wendy.busschots63HMP , @DeepakMaini , @Renzo_van_Rijswijk , Seem like the push pin dissapering issue is now resolved. At least for the project that we are working on all the push pins appear. 
You can check if its resolved for you as well. 

Message 15 of 16

Yes, I see it too...

Message 16 of 16

Indeed, works again like before.
Thanks Autodesk !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report