Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Crashed While Working on a Revit Cloud Project and Now the Cloud Project Still Thinks the File is in Use.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Darren|CM
594 Views, 6 Replies

Revit Crashed While Working on a Revit Cloud Project and Now the Cloud Project Still Thinks the File is in Use.

While working on a Revit Cloud Project, Revit crashed.  Now when I try to open the Revit Cloud Project I get an error that says "Username is currently working on project.rvt" - Step I have tried to resolve the issue:

• Restart the PC
  • Empty the %Temp% folder and restarted the PC
  • Empty the %LocalAppData% folder for Revit 2022 and restarted the PC

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Yien_Chao
in reply to: Darren|CM

tried to logout your Revit session then login. if that don't works, you can still force relinquish through manage cloud models menu.

2021-09-17_21-17-03.jpg

Message 3 of 7
Darren|CM

Unfortunately I don't have the "Relinquish" option in the Actions menu. Any other suggestions?Screenshot.png

Message 4 of 7
Yien_Chao

oh maybe you are not admin on the project?

other workaround : can you create a new central file and replace the existing one then? 

Message 5 of 7
Darren|CM
in reply to: Yien_Chao

Yes I am an Admin.  The only workaround we have found is to download the file from the cloud, open in Revit, and then save again as a Revit Cloud Model. Of course - all cloud history is lost at that point which is not ideal.

Message 6 of 7
Yien_Chao

I don't understand why you cannot force relinquish then.

It is revit 2022 and ACC?

Message 7 of 7
Darren|CM
in reply to: Yien_Chao

Yes Revit 2022 and ACC. It is very strange that the "Relinquish" option is not there.  Maybe that option is only available in the BIM Collaborate Pro subscription? I have checked all the settings in ACC and I have full admin access.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report