Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant download source file, in any browser

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ACS-Chris
138 Views, 4 Replies

Cant download source file, in any browser

My company has recently begun using Bim 360 Docs and all is going fairly well, except that attempting to download a source file seems to be limited to the Microsoft Edge browser for most of us, while one of my colleagues cannot download anything at all. We are all presented with the following popup in any browser other than Edge, and the aforementioned colleague also has this error in Edge. We have played with pop-up and redirect settings and nothing seems to work, searches online have come up with nothing.

ACSChris_0-1712146816299.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
apjones
in reply to: ACS-Chris

If you select "OK", does the file download?
Pete

>Please Accept as Solution and give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
ACS-Chris
in reply to: apjones

No, hitting OK opens a new browser tab which shows only the following 

ACSChris_0-1712149719111.png

Message 4 of 5
apjones

Well, I don't use Edge, so I'm not sure I can help there.   I use Chrome and have had no issues. 

Good luck.  Maybe someone with Edge experience will chime in.

Pete

>Please Accept as Solution and give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
apjones

Well, since no one else seems inclined to jump in here, I opened up Edge and took a look.  When I click to continue, I have a new (blank) tab open up.  It took a while for it to do anything after that, but it did eventually get to the point where it gives me the opportunity to download the file I selected. 

First, MAKE SURE ANY POP-UP BLOCKER IS TURNED OFF!  That is probably the root issue in this case.  If any pop-up blocked is running, it is likely stopping the download (because of the blank tab that “pops-up”).

If the blockers are all off, after the blank tab goes away, you should see an additional pop-up (yeah, there it is again..) that looks like this:

apjones_0-1712259687431.png

This should allow you to download.

Get with your IT support and make sure the pop-up blockers are off, and you should be fine.

Pete

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report