Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM360 Coordinate Best Practices - setting up views, shared spaces, model update

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1131 Views, 4 Replies

BIM360 Coordinate Best Practices - setting up views, shared spaces, model update

Hi,

I understand how to upload models and how to create the shared spaces in BIM 360 coordinate but not able to really determine the best workflows.  Please expand on the following as the help file and guide do not go deep enough.

Example :

arch. rvt  and  stucture. rvt uploaded  to respective folders  in   PLANS.

1.  Do I need to do anything to the individual models before uploading?

ie.  establish specific 3d views in  publish settings?

2.  In the training tutorials,  there are Revit models for each level?   Where these literally separate models uploaded of each level?  I would like to filter clashed by level as well, how do you accomplish this without separate files?

3.  I believe in GLUE  grid lines were visible, is this functionality gone with current version? If I should have this functionality, how do I make the grids visible as I don't seem to see how I can do this?

4.  Is there a way to update the models back to BIM 360 Coordinate easily without having to upload it to plans?  I thought there was an easy way to update models  to  model coordinate through Revit?  I'm looking to see it there is an easy "update latest" to model coordinate.  Otherwise am I suppose to download my Revit model and then upload again to the model coordination folders  PLANS folder?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jostendorff
in reply to: Anonymous

Did anyone ever respond to you about BIM360 Coordinate Best Practices?  I'm looking for information on that also.

Message 3 of 5
mpetrucci
in reply to: Anonymous

Q1.  Do I need to do anything to the individual models before uploading?ie.  establish specific 3d views in  publish settings?

A1:  Yes, I would create specific views for Model Coord and select them in Publish Settings.

Q2.  I would like to filter clashed by level as well, how do you accomplish this without separate files?

A2: You can't. You can create 3D views of each level using Section Box in Revit. It's a manual process or you can use a tool like LevelUp found HERE. It was designed for Glue but the Red Button alone will create 3D Views for you. Once you create views of each leve, include in Publish settings, and upload model. Each level will be separate file.

Q3.  How do I make the grids visible as I don't seem to see how I can do this?

A3: No way to make grid lines visible in Model Coordination that I know of. One idea I have not tried is to place Revit model lines on top of grid lines and make them visible in 3D view. They may interfer with clash results. If they do, set the clash to ignore.

Q4.  Is there a way to update the models back to BIM 360 Coordinate easily without having to upload it to plans?  

A4: I wish there was but unfortunately, no.

Message 4 of 5
jostendorff
in reply to: mpetrucci

Thank you for your response!

Message 5 of 5
jagostinho74
in reply to: jostendorff

@jostendorff , I have posted what I was able to figure out on this post.

Feel free to comment and add your findings.

Assistant BIM/CAD Manager

Manchester, UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report