Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM 360 Desktop Connector - Pending Actions - Not Syncing

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
SteveDFThorne
6678 Views, 8 Replies

BIM 360 Desktop Connector - Pending Actions - Not Syncing

• BIM 360 Desktop Connector indicates Pending Actions and is not syncing:

Pending Actions.jpg

• Additionally, it has this icon       : Pending Icon.jpg
  • When I select the object that is in the pending action window, the message at the bottom right looks like this: Message.jpg
  • Message: The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.
  • I have the latest desktop connector for BIM 360 installed 
  • I have uninstalled, deleted all of the folders for Desktop Connector here: %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\ and reinstalled. 
  • I am on windows 10 64 bit
  • I had at one time installed the beta or preview version and have installed updates since
  • How can I get this working again

Thanks All

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

@SteveDFThorne

I'd be happy to assist. There was another update today, there have been several the last couple of weeks. Usually this error is due to the app being out of date. The current version is 7.0.0.694.

Please read through: Desktop Connector keeps displaying a message stating that there are pending actions

The article offers other possible root causes but given the frequency of the updates and that only the very latest version of the app is supported, I would confirm that you have version 7.0.0.694. If so - please check (and this is within the article):

1. User is connected to a different Autodesk account within another Autodesk application
  2. User has two or more BIM 360 accounts with the same name
  3. The BIM 360 account name ends with a period/full stop
  4. The file type is not supported or the file is corrupted <--- Very likely
  5. The file contains externally referenced files and was not uploaded as a linked file <--- Very likely

Thank you, 

-Scott 

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 3 of 9

Hi Scott, 

Thank you for looking into this for me. Please see below. I am still out of luck. 

Causes:
  • Desktop Connector version is not up-to-date
  • Yes I have version 7.0.0.694 installed 
  • User is connected to a different Autodesk account within another Autodesk application 
  • Fairly new computer and I am the only user and I use only the one account. 
  • User has two or more BIM 360 accounts with the same name
  • There are two additional accounts (Hubs), each of those have the same name, however, they are not in use and do not match the account name that I am struggling with. Additionally, all is well on another users computer, and their user account, and on my laptop with my user account.  
  • The BIM 360 account name ends with a period/full stop
  • The account does not end in a full period/full stop
  • The file type is not supported or the file is corrupted
  • All is well on another users computer, and their user account, and on my laptop with my user account. 
  • The file contains externally referenced files and was not uploaded as a linked file
  • The problem seems to be any file, and this computer specific
Solution:Try the following:
  • Update Desktop Connector to latest version - Install Desktop Connector
  • Done
  • Log out of all Autodesk products and log in only to Desktop Connector
  • Done
  • Avoid using the same name for BIM 360 accounts
  • As mentioned above about the two hubs that are not in use. However, this is not affecting other computers. No projects are named alike. 
  • Remove any periods / full stops from the BIM 360 account name
  • There aren't any
  • Review if the file is corrupted and supported - File Support Reference
  • Other computers are working 
  • Ensure that any files containing linked files have been added to the folder using the linked files upload option.
  • It seems to be computer specific, not file specific. 

Is there any way to uninstall/remove the software and all files related to it in a more thorough way then I have already tried? I did originally have the beta version and updated all along the way as it progressed until now, could that be the problem? Would it be something in the registry? 

Message 4 of 9

Hi Scott, 

I just got off of the phone with Patrick Beattie, Autodesk Support, and we discovered the registry version is not matching up: 

Registry Inconsistency-blurred.jpg

Message 5 of 9

@SteveDFThorne

Excellent, so the registry key for Desktop Connector did not show the current version (7.0.0.694.). That sounds like the update/install didn't update the registry key. 

For reference here is the Registry Key locations:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Autodesk

So the install didn't completely fail but the keys didn't update. If you ever need to do a total clean uninstall/reinstall though - the link below should help:

Desktop Connector Install fails

Since you and Patrick found the key wasn't updated, I'll mark your last reply as the solution. 

-Scott 

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 6 of 9

I reinstalled it yet again last night after your post and checked the registry again. The numbers match now:

Registry Match.jpg

Unfortunately, the problem persists.........

Message 7 of 9
sdbrownBECK
in reply to: SteveDFThorne

I have the exact same issues.  The multiple programs/accounts is interesting.  I have projects on revit 2017 on one hub, projects on 2018 on multiple hubs hosted by multiple companies.  However as far as I know my autodesk sign on is the same for all of them.  How do I trouble shoot this?

Message 8 of 9
SteveDFThorne
in reply to: sdbrownBECK

In the end, my problem was fixed by uninstalling another completely different program that was causing a conflict somehow.

The program was "Procore Drive" 

Message 9 of 9

Removing Procore Drive appears to have resolved this issue for me as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report