Community
BIM 360 Plan Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Plan Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Plan topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach a coordination model from BIM360

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cvinciguerra
609 Views, 1 Reply

Attach a coordination model from BIM360

Good Morning,

I'm trying to attach a coordination model from BIM 360 using the model attach feature in Autocad 2017 and running into some problems.  When the model attaches, it is significantly smaller than my drawing and in the wrong location.  I see the same behavior when downloading the individual files from BIM360 and attaching them using the xref manager.  The files in question are .nwc files.  However, if I open my drawing along with the any drawing from the coordination model in Navisworks 2017 everything comes up in the proper location and at the correct scale.  Also, my drawing glues correctly in BIM360.  This leads me to believe it's a setting specific to using .nwc file scaling in Autocad, but I'm honestly not even sure where to begin looking.  Any direction would be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Chris

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
N.Oomen
in reply to: cvinciguerra

Hello @cvinciguerra,

I came across your post and have found some settings for you.

When you link your file in AutoCAD you get a couple of questions when placing your link.

- Your placing point? (0,0,0)

- Your rotation? (0)

- Your scale factor? (1)

See my screencast for a step by step workflow.

Hope this still helps you out.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Best regards,
Niels Oomen
Cadac Group BV
Sr Consultant AEC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report