Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update BIM360 Document Description using Excel

Update BIM360 Document Description using Excel

This feature is to update the document description in the BIM 360 using Excel sheet by exporting the data from BIM360 website to excel and update them and reimport the data to update in BIM 360. 

BIM 360 Idea Decription and other meta data update.jpg

5 Comments

Better than being able to import the descriptions would be able to pull the field from the uploaded drawings or models. 

Linda_Syrad
Explorer

To import attributes from excel would be a massive time saving solution when it comes to uploading multiple documents and pdf drawings.

I was considering options around this recently. 
Keeping in mind the important thing is that there is a clearly defined single source of truth. In general I feel that this is the CAD file (regardless of format), but I also can see the advantages of using automated population of Title blocks from spreadsheets, which makes the spreadsheet the 'master'.

Regardless of how the title block gets updated. I think it would be a great enhancement to see the ability to recognise title block fields and import them into ACC properties. But then take this to the next step as well. 
What if ACC could then update the drawing!!
When a review is completed the Approver's initials could be automatically added to the ACC field, which could 'sync' to the CAD file(or visa versa). Dates could also be added signifying the actual date of approval with no need for drafter intervention. 
I also wonder if it would be possible to manage water marks on the CAD file. If that were possible draft could be stamped on a  file until approved and then automatically updated. It could be as simple as a cleverly formatted title block field linked to a status field in ACC. 

deepanraj_vellaladurai
Community Visitor

Is there any update on this idea, I'm seeking for a simple method of updating the descriptions of over a thousand files.

ra_raja
Explorer

Is there any update on this idea

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report