Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Project Data From One Account To another

Transfer Project Data From One Account To another

We have a client that has recently purchased a license of BIM 360 field for tracking their smaller internal projects.  They asked me if was possible for us to transfer/export our project over to their account upon completion of our project so they could have the information and to continue to use the issues and equipment features.  To my knowledge, this is not possible, however I think it would be a great idea if we could do this.  The process would work similar to building ops where our clients could send us an export code and then we do a data-dump into their account. This would solve so many of our end of project turn over problems that we currently have with Field and also give us an answer to the question that most of our clients ask on a regular basis "what happens to all of this data at the end of the project and how can we access and use it?"  Access could be granted in a tiered option where clients could have view only access or full access.

4 Comments
lga
Explorer
Explorer

Great suggestion, I would add that it would be a great to copy data from project created in older BIM 360 docs platform to new project in new BIM 360 docs platform where futures such MODEL CORDINATION will be available (this case is that if you enabled GLUE in old platform of BIM 360, you cannot use Model Cordination for that particular project).

JA4EK
Contributor

Yes please, really need the ability to copy the project data from one account to the other. We are currently working within lead contractor account, our model and all linked files are also saved there, once the project is finished we need all of the data on our own BIM360 for records and future works, and we do not want to relay on the access being taken away from us accidentally or purposely in the future.

@jlannen @lga @JA4EK check out our transfer app. 

https://transfer.contecht.eu/front 

It is an app we developed to transfer files between BIM360 accounts, projects, folders and subfolders. feel free to give it a try.

https://youtu.be/_2gO70yjz_k 

aswainNBG2Z
Explorer

These features would also be helpful for campus projects. We are currently working on 3 buildings on a shared campus. We are unable to have the landscape and other files shared amongst the 3 projects which forces us to reupload shared files each time updates are made. We have considered combining all 3 into one project but then we would lose a lot of the document management features in BIM360.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report