Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New subcontractor role and

New subcontractor role and

The new subcontractor role is great as now they can view checklists for their company, they can view the equipment tab, and there is the ability to view others issues. The problem I see though is that the old workflow is not the same, in order for subcontractors to be able to change issue status, add attachments and comment you need to give them View, Add and Edit which subsequently lets them actually edit the issue text, remove attachments and add their own issues. They can actually delete all the issue data just not the unique identifier number, the old role prevented this and it would be nice to be able to have the same abilities with issues as the old role in the new role. If you set it to view only they cannot modify the status or add any attachments or comments. It would be nice to have a View and respond option for subcontractors which would allow a similar workflow as the old subcontractor role to be able to respond to issues without being able to edit the issue data.

4 Comments
JoshauC
Contributor

Justin,

That's a great idea, it would limit the opportunity to break things intentionally or unintentionally. 

krystian.macek
Community Manager

@justin.mcdonaldEJWJL Subcontractors should be able to Add comments and change issue status for all issues that are assigned to their company, whenever the Issue permissions are set to View only.  In order to add attachments to the same issues, you need to temporarily enable "Allow all users to add attachments" checkbox.  We will be making an enhancement soon where this checkbox is not needed for subcontractors to add attachments to issues assigned to their company.

Thank you for your feedback.

Krystian Macek 

BIM 360 Field Product Manager

Thank you Krystian, it seems to be working as I need it to now.
Thank you Krystian, it seems to be working as I need it to now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report