Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOCS: Send Link to Plans to Copy Shop

DOCS: Send Link to Plans to Copy Shop

Still a lot of plans are being printed for the construction site. Nowadays, contractors send a list of plans (as PDF or a link to a document management system) to a copy shop, they print and send them to the contractor / construction site. We need such a functionality in Docs as well. I could imagine that the user could select a few plans (also in different folders), choose to send these files or direct links to the files and enter a specific message, e.g. 'print each plan twice and send to XXX'. This would be a more generic functionality for other purposes as well, e.g. plan reviews, etc.

3 Comments
joan_allen
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

joan_allen
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Docs now supports the ability to share a URL to a specific document or folder.  The email is sent out through Docs and is tracked in the Activity Log.

Best Regards,

Joan Allen

Autodesk BIM 360

gmuehlemann
Autodesk

Hi Joan,

you are right, I had the same thought that the basic request is implemented with the 'Share' feature. However, we cannot share multiple files at once which is very limiting right now. 

BTW: I am proposing a BIM 360 Docs integration through Forge to the copy shop web applications...

Gilbert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report