Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM 360 Glue - IFC export

BIM 360 Glue - IFC export

The most of our projects we are collaborating with partners who use other software then Autodesk.

We share models via IFC format. my idea is to export my model from Revit to IFC and upload it to Glue.

this way everybody can download the IFC models and use them.

see screenshot bellow: Smiley Wink

BIM360Glue_IFC.jpg

12 Comments
e.ham
Explorer

Hi Gert-Jan,

How awesome would it be if along with this option you can use the IFC Export settings that you fill out for the IFC Exporter? Smiley Very Happy That way you only have to set up the IFC export once and you can use it for a normal IFC export and Glueing the model!

Spoiler

Regards,

Emiel

f.heisterkamp
Community Visitor
I love the idea, you have my vote brother
Arjan.Peeters
Enthusiast

Maybe the option should be an extra. So both Ifc and rvt. Because the design team mostly needs the rvt files for their underlay.

f.ocallaghan
Explorer

This would be a valuable (must have) addition to the workflow when collaborating with the opensource IFC format!

Lolke_Tjerkstra
Contributor

An efficient way to co-operate with each other in an open format standard. Great idee!

w.ruiter
Community Visitor

Great idee

Arjan.Peeters
Enthusiast

Also, using the IfcExporter would be a must. So maybe the glue uploader should be build in to the Ifc Exporter? I'll post the idea to Angel Valez as well. 

Arjan.Peeters
Enthusiast

Posted it on the IFC exporter discussion board over on sourceforge. Angel seems to think it's a good idea.

Could we get a status update here?

sanderdezee
Enthusiast

I would be creat to change the IFC export settings before export tot BIM 360 Glue.

We can export á Pset or change the IFC version

2017-01-11_10h11_06.jpg2017-01-11_10h11_25.jpg2017-01-11_10h11_34.jpg

Arjan.Peeters
Enthusiast
Exactly! So the option should either, open the ifc dialogue, or be implemented in the ifc dialogue!
michael_ring
Advocate

Hi @gjditsel ,

great idea. I have just one concern or let say an enlargement of the idea.

Wouldn't it make sense to continue to upload the .rvt to BIM360 with all its pro's and have a service in BIm360 (or on the Forge platform) to generate an IFC copy that can be exported.

I think that we should stay in our environment that we selected as long as possible - and what happens, if we start a project with a contractor that is using RVT and we switch later on to another not using RVT. In this case we have to double our efforts on the REVIT side: Upload to .rvt (for the sake of the versioning) and upload IFC for the contractor.

Just an idea when I read your post. You are definetly right to consider more IFC in the story.

Michael

luke.coxon
Advocate

Don't hold your breath people. I created this idea.... 

' The world's best BIM360 Idea '

about the top voted BIM360 idea not getting a response from Autodesk for more than 4 years now. 

My idea is quickly gaining votes, which says it all...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report