Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM 360 Doc should be Field Library

BIM 360 Doc should be Field Library

Glue integrates with Field by sharing the model.  With Docs you should be able to share Folder or documents to Field.  This would solve the issue of uploading to multiple platforms.

Also if this connection is made you could link Field and Doc issues together.  Either by a push or a Sync. Competitors are doing this very well and easy.  A Mark-up should also be able to be upgraded to a formal issue for tracking in field not attach a drawing and then mark it up.  Docs handles this much better than field.

7 Comments
johannes.bjarnason
Enthusiast

Here I strongly agree, We are not using Docs mainly becouse of the lack of integration between Field,Glue and Docs.

today we are playing with the API to sync all our documents that are supposed to be available at the construction site from Sharepoint and into the library in Field. The process we have set up works fine for now, but is a bit time consuming setting up and maintaining.

If the possibility would arise to use docs ast the main library for the whole project and the sync would work from Field to Docs and viseversa I would definetly jump on that bus!

would vote this Idea multible times if possible!

SteveDFThorne
Collaborator

I have been waiting this anxiously. The current library in field seems to have mostly been abandoned by development and I can only hope this is the reason. 

RichardBinning2010
Contributor

Ditto, integration of docs with library, including automatic syncing of issues or ability to push docs issues to field for reporting would help me kill off the 3rd party silos that keep getting traction from project teams.

Docs is a simple interface for the designers to use as a punchlist.  But needs reporting capabilities for issues in a report format, not as individual emails. Allowing docs to act as the library, with automatic issue integration would solve the reporting issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Autodesk team,

i saw that this thread is still "gathering support" and not even "reviewed" yet.

Don t you think that it is super duper important to sell these products to your clients and

say that they are connected to each other? How can you convince your clients when you say that you have

2 parallel worlds?

Please take this is a very important issue, since it is 🙂

DwayneNittyGritty
Contributor

Next Gen? Is this still not a feature/function?

The option to pull information directly from the docs environment would be a huge time saver and further enforce the mantra of a single source of information. 

lcollier
Advocate

@DwayneNittyGritty When this was written Next Gen version were not full release. The newer BIM 360 tools are making good strides but we still have people in Classic Field Project based on functionality needs and a few in New Field Management version.  I do like the direction it is headed.

luke.coxon
Advocate

Don't hold your breath people. I created this idea.... 

' The world's best BIM360 Idea '

about the top voted idea not getting a response from Autodesk. 

It is now quickly gaining votes, which says it all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report