Community
BIM 360 Glue Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Glue Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Glue topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Glue displays "instance" and "type"

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
aaronwagner
570 Views, 2 Replies

How Glue displays "instance" and "type"

First of all, I want to say I feel a bit ignorant in that I only just realized this.  Now that's out the of the way...

Correct me if I'm wrong but when you view an object's properties within BIM 360 Glue, the "Object" tab correlates to the Revit object's "Instance" properties, and the BIM 360 Glue "Parent" tab relates to Revit's "Type" properties.  Is that right?

That's pretty consistent with the help documentation but I want to be sure I'm not making an inaccurate assumption:
"

• To view object properties, select the Object tab.
  • To view parent object properties, select the Parent tab.

"

glue_instance.JPGglue_type.JPG

What this is aimed toward (just so you all know what I'm getting at) is reliably and effectively mapping Shared Parameters to and from Revit-Field.

Thanks,

Aaron

Aaron Wagner | Technology Consultant – Autodesk Construction Business Line Lead

U.S. CAD | Achieve More
Rocky Mountain Region, Denver, CO
T: 877-648-7223 x301
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
N.Oomen
in reply to: aaronwagner

Hello @aaronwagner,

Found your post and doesn't have any reply yet. I don't know if this it is still a relevant question but here is my view on this.

When you look at BIM360 Glue properties the following structure is used.

For DWF:

The Parent = Type Parameters

The Object = Instance Parameters

For NWC:

The Parent = the family or system family that has been used.

The Object = Instance and Type Parameters within the different tabs.

With the NWC publish you get more data to BIM360 Glue.

When you want to create an equipment Mapping to BIM360 Field you will need Equipment Sets.

To be sure that you can read/write data you need to create Equipment Sets based on Instance data. this will make sure your data from BIM360 Field will be reported back to that particular Instance.

The data from BIM360 Field is Always stored as Instance data to an object.

Hope this still helps you out a bit.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Best regards,
Niels Oomen
Cadac Group BV
Sr Consultant AEC

Message 3 of 3
aaronwagner
in reply to: N.Oomen

Thank you, Niels.  I appreciate you taking the time to respond.  At the time of my post, creating Equipment Sets from NWC was a very cumbersome and sometimes hit-or-miss process.  Fortunately, since then, Autodesk has improved the system to be more consistent and overall more reliable.  This makes the data continuity much more smooth, catering to all workflows.

Aaron Wagner | Technology Consultant – Autodesk Construction Business Line Lead

U.S. CAD | Achieve More
Rocky Mountain Region, Denver, CO
T: 877-648-7223 x301

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report