Community
BIM 360 Field Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Field Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Field topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontractor adding attachments to issues on the ipad, section grayed out.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
edsonasalazar
445 Views, 6 Replies

Subcontractor adding attachments to issues on the ipad, section grayed out.

I need the subcontractor to add an image once the work is completed related to the issue and they can't add any attachments on the ipad, the section is grayed out. Is there a solution to this?

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the BIM 360 Field forum.  I believe your Subcontractor is not able to add attachments because of a permission setting on the project.

Project Admins have the ability to allow Subcontractor role members to add attachments.  You can allow Subcontractors to add attachments by making sure this permission is "checked" and then clicking Save.

Can add attachments.JPG

Once this permission is "checked", have your Subcontractor re-sync their iPad and they should then be able to add attachments.

Let us know if you have any questions.  If this answers your question, please select Accept as Solution.  

Best regards, 

Patrick B.

Global Product Support

Message 3 of 7

I dont have those options, only what the image shows.Capture.JPG

Message 4 of 7

It looks like you are using the new Subcontractor role experience.  

Looking at your settings, it appears to me that your subcontractors should be able to add attachments from the iPad.  

The next iPad release (version 4.19) will address the recent changes in the Subcontractor role which should be available March 8th, 2017.  Please try installing the latest iPad release to see if this resolves your issue.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.  If updating the iPad app resolves the issue please select Accept as Solution.

Best regards,

Patrick B.

Global Product Support

Message 5 of 7

I'm just checking in to see if upgrading to the latest Field iPad version (4.19) helped you with the issue you were having.

If you have any additional questions please let us know.  If you feel that your issue has been resolved, please click the Accept as Solution button to confirm.  

Best regards,

Patrick B.

Global Product Support

Message 6 of 7

@edsonasalazar

After switching to the new sub-contractor permissions, once the permissions are set to view+add, have the users resync. The option to add attachments should come back. Patrick and I tested the workflow about an hour ago and seemed to work for us. 

-Scott 

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 7 of 7

It worked, now the only question is why on my admin page, I dont have the additional setting under subcontractor as shown in your picture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report