Community
BIM 360 Field Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Field Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Field topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Printing PDF Reports for Several Locations

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
GrantHagen
1959 Views, 6 Replies

Batch Printing PDF Reports for Several Locations

Was curious if there was a way to print multiple "Location" PDF reports for the issues in a specific room at once rather than going to the Issues tab and selecting only those issues in that room and running a report multiple times for each different locaiton. 

I know I can go to reports and print off the "higher" location and set to page break when the location changes, but if I want to put those individual "reports" on the doors of the room, I need to extract those reports separately to print and staple to put on the specific doors.

What I am invisioning is receiving a zip folder with the individual locations as a separate pdf report in that zip folder. 

This would be very useful for hotels/dorms, etc where we have hundreds of rooms to post the issues to.

And the reason we are printing is because many of our sub foreman do not effectivly communicate the issues to their laborers in the field of where the issues are. So we took the approach of printing all the issues within that room so any laborer can go up and see the information they need to correct. 

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
kenny.e.ermann
in reply to: GrantHagen

Hi Grant-

What we do is create a saved "Issues List" report with all of the locations we need a report for. Then we select group by "Location" so it groups the issues by room and then select Start a new page "when the location changes" so that it will break up each location onto a different page.

Since it's a saved list we can run it at any point in time without having to re-enter the parameters again.

Hope that helps-

Kenny

Message 3 of 7
GrantHagen
in reply to: kenny.e.ermann

Thanks Kenny.

We tried that, then found the time to separate out each individual room in Blubeam was taking longer than it was just selecting the specific issues in their location on the Issue list to create a report that would be a separate file. 

I know its getting picky, but when you have 600+ rooms, it seems like we could automate some of the report printing processes to make it easier. Unfortunatly there isnt a way to speed up the time of "taping" these reports to the rooms either...ha

Anyone else see a need for this as well?

Message 4 of 7
kenny.e.ermann
in reply to: GrantHagen

I agree- a while back we asked for the ability to catagorize our locations so that we could run reports by location type. For example, we would want to run a report by only issues that are in a location catagorized as a Guestroom, so rather than selecting each room individually, this could be done in one step.

Message 5 of 7
asmith
in reply to: kenny.e.ermann

This is a great idea, unfortunately we had to work around this by setting up our locations a certain way.  Since our project has 7000+ rooms we broke them down into various departments using the location breakdown structure.  This allows you to report on groups of rooms when you select the department as the location and use the "include sub-location" option.  Using the location structure I think you would be able to accomplish this although it is certainly not an ideal solution and your location structure is probably already determined.  Alternatively, depending on your location structure you may be able to sort by location and select the group of Guestrooms and run the report from the issue list.  These are workaround but I agree there is definitely room for improvement in this area. 

Message 6 of 7
siravi.seo
in reply to: asmith

yes, it was very much useful.

Message 7 of 7
s.odwyer
in reply to: siravi.seo

What was your hierarchical set up regarding the locations? 

Could you create a scheduled report to run and have it ONLY run a report for your specified locations. These reports can then be updated and printed for handover to the foreman.

Another way is to create the rooms as pieces of equipment and if you have all the issues assigned to those rooms. When the foreman walks the site he can just scan a qr code assigned to that room and he will get an overview on the issues pertaining to that room. reducing the amount of printing costs etc. 

Sean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report