Community
BIM 360 Field Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Field Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Field topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up BIM files on iPad iCloud

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
726 Views, 2 Replies

Backing up BIM files on iPad iCloud

I am looking for a way to save all CAD files we have on the BIM app to our shared company iCloud. 

if any one could assist me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
james.l.bryant
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

Thank you very much for participating to our community. My name is James and I am with the Technical Support Team for BIM 360 products.

Autodesk BIM 360 Field has a few options to export data. 

1.  Within Photo Module you can sort by Date and Time or by location or by Type etc.  Select each sort section where you'll have option to export to local   network drive.
  2.  Within Library Module you can select Folder View, select a folder and download to export to local network drive.
  3.  Autodesk BIM 360 Field also has a Project Export Function where you can archive all project data to your local network.  You may review and read about this option within knowledge base here.

Autodesk depends on our customers to help drive success.  If you have ideas which you feel would beneficial to BIM 360 members please share with us within Ideas.   Thank you

James L Bryant

Autodesk Support Team

Contact Autodesk |
Message 3 of 3
aloraeve01
in reply to: Anonymous

To save all CAD files from the BIM app to your shared company iCloud, there are a few steps you can take. First, ensure that your BIM app allows for exporting or saving files externally. If it does, you can typically navigate to the file or project you wish to save, and then look for an option to export or save to a local directory on your device. Once you've done that, you can log in to your shared company iCloud account either through a web browser or through the iCloud app on your device. From there, you should be able to upload the CAD files directly to your iCloud storage. Additionally, with some measures you can also export iCloud to PST andmany other foile formats. If you encounter any difficulties or need further assistance, please reach out for more specific guidance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators