Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading MS Office files

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
leonid.shevlyakov
1036 Views, 3 Replies

Uploading MS Office files

Hi,

Once I uploaded MS Word .docx file to "Project Files" I got file that is not clickable. All I can do with it is via dropdown menu to download, move, copy or delete.

Ideally, we need to be able to open and read it as naturally as in MS Word, just like it should be for PDF files. If that is impossible to accomplish at this stage at least make it clickable with function to download the file on click assigned to it, less menus drilling. File then will be able to open in MS Office installed on iPad if reading within BIM 360 Docs is not possible.

Wonder if other MS Office files have same setup?

Many electrical drawings are coming as multipage PDFs or .DOC files and even I will have latest files in your application on iPad, it will not be very helpful if navigation through those will be difficult.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello Leonid,

I hope this message finds you well. The functionality to add viewing of non-design (MS Office files) will be added to a future release of the Docs web user interface. We are unable to offer a date for release of this functionality at this moment, but this feature is available for Docs on the iOS app

If you would like to download a non-design file from Docs using a single click operation, please try the following method:

1. Select/click on the button for "Thumbnail" view in the folder containing the non-design (MS Office file).

Thumbnail View.png

2. Click the "Download" (upside down arrow) icon in the thumbnail to download the desired file.

Download on Click.png

I have recently uploaded Word, PowerPoint and Excel files to my Docs project and could view them on my iPad via the Docs app only (did not launch office apps to view). Please see the "BIM 360 Docs : Project Files Viewer and Comments for non CAD data" post on the BIM 360 Ideas community and "Vote Up" the idea.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to improving your Docs experience.

Regards,

mespaillat.

Thank you for choosing Autodesk Support!

Regards,
mespaillat

Autodesk Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Thank you for information, I missed a try on iPad as I thought if it is not available on web it will no be on mobile...OK, I guess we'll wait for final implementation in next releases, thx again for the tip.

Message 4 of 4
aiyee
in reply to: mespaillat

Hi Autodesk Support,

May I know the status of this feature?

Until today, we still unable to click and view the Microsoft office word/ppt/excel files using BIM 360 DOCS in web browser. And also unable to upload ".EXE" files.

Both of these functions can be used at Free A360.

Please advice. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report