Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Issues" in Doc

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
leonid.shevlyakov
249 Views, 3 Replies

"Issues" in Doc

Hi,

Writing an issue might be faster if all locations will be in dropdown list that contains all locations used in earlier posted issues (within the project). Plus all pre-listed locations if admin did such listing. When starting to type locations, suggestions of possible locations from the list are to be offered.

Similarly dropdown is needed for "Describe the issue or question" with few most used customisable in the settings issues list, I.e. Damage, Leak, Contamination or similar...

Idea is to save time making filling the issues faster by typing less.

Each issue should in my view get a sequential customisable identifier, so each next issue will have it's unique identifier, i.e. IS-001, IS-002, where starting part can be customized either to be initials of the person who raised it or abbreviated project name or letters combination.

Such identifiers will be useful when you will come to implement reporting of issues feature.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Leonid,

Thanks for sharing your input.

As for locations - We do plan to include Locations list (by admin) which will be available in all location fields (issues and additional future features). I will share your auto-complete location using existing values in the project with our team. Same for description/question fields.

As for custom identifier - We do hear different requirements from customer around identifier customization. Can you please share additional use cases? Do you see value in custom prefix only? What about suffix? What about customize the identifier number as well?

BTW, I encourage you to post your ideas and suggestions in our Ideas Station: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/bim-360-ideas/idb-p/2032.

This way, other customers can see and start a discussion and vote for suggestions. Our team is constantly looking and following posted ideas.

Roei Oved
Product Manager, ACC
Message 3 of 4

Hi Roed,

Thanks for the swift response.

For locations, I will perhaps write some in "ideas" as you suggested. I think location definition is quite important and use of it can be expanded a bit to provide more usability in the field. I.e. imagine a situation when you are on the job site need to conduct some work, i.e. cables termination and workers are painting the floor there or alike. It could be useful if you can click on the area (location identifier - room/space name) on the drawing, and you will get information on what companies doing the work in this area at the moment and who is in charge and contact details of that person/-s. Work progress percentage could also be great to have there.
I am not sure how it is much better organized in Northern Europe, but here in Singapore, there are often just workers in the field who do not even speak English and only chance to get something is to talk to the foreman or even company boss. A lot of time lost trying to find who is in charge and get any actions requests through.
Of course, I understand that I am asking for the feature I believe could be useful but not sure about the others opinion.

Hope you do agree that identifier for issues is needed, as for customization of same, it will be great to have options of prefix/suffix/definition of starting a number of the sequence, maybe use of the year in the suffix/prefix, or use of initials of the person who raised the issue. The downside of the customization is that with the need for more complex setup for the project it will lead to loss of the simplicity of the interface. So I believe lean and "suits most" interface should be on top and customization options to be accessible for those who need to use them.

Message 4 of 4

Hi Leonid,

Thanks for the additional inputs about Locations and custom identifiers.

In our roadmap, we plan to allow to define Locations and areas in your drawings, so any issue push pin (and others) will be contextual (imagine you pick a push pin and its automatically set the Location for the issue), and surface information by Locations. Stay tuned 🙂

Roei Oved
Product Manager, ACC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report